Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C16 Autoblog's Top 10 Coachbuilt Supercars

C

critt99

Autoblog's Top 10 Coachbuilt Supercars
Posted Jul 21st 2007 11:54AM by Noah Joseph
No.10: Callaway C16

Callaway might seem like an odd addition to a list of custom coachbuilders, but when it comes down to it, that's just what they are. While prominent rivals like Saleen tune existing production cars – or designs entirely original ones – Callaway has for years centered its business around crafting unique bodywork and modified performance packages for Corvettes, not unlike those offerings from Castagna and Spada (above). Callaway's latest is the C16, unveiled in pre-production form at the Los Angeles show, in production trim in Montreal, and in convertible body-style in New York. Based on the current-generation Chevrolet Corvette C6, Callaway fits new bodywork and an LS2-based engine that harnesses 616 force-fed horses to propel the C16 to sixty in a scant 3.3 seconds and cover quarter-mile in 10.9 on its way to a 206-mph top end. Each example is made to order at Callaway's factories in Connecticut and Germany, offering each buyer the opportunity to specify additional equipment – all covered by five-year warranties, which, in as exclusive a field as this, is even more unique.

This is a very nice, you need to check the company the C16 carries....way to go Callaway

Great post!!!!! :blue:

Awesome car... :D

-Luigi
:cool

impressive line-up of cars. I thought I knew my cars but there are a few on that list I never heard of.....great find. thanks

Cool read, wonder when the Sultan of Brunei will be ordering his 1/2 dozen C16's ;)

Cool stuff! :cool

:) I realize I'm a little partial to Callaways but seeing what #7 & #9 coachbuilt C-6's look like ;shrug, reminds me why I like Callaways so much!! :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom