Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway C16 Speedster

I want to see one of these in white with a bright red hood scoop and dark red interior. Can anybody guess why? ;)

OK, at essentially any speed that little windscreen is enough to deflect bugs and whatnot from hitting the driver's face/head? :confused
And this car is expected to hit 180-200mph without a [fixed] top???? :confused

OK, at essentially any speed that little windscreen is enough to deflect bugs and whatnot from hitting the driver's face/head? :confused
And this car is expected to hit 180-200mph without a [fixed] top???? :confused

With 700hp and 660lb-ft of torque, why wouldn't it hit the target speeds? :confused

The early Callaway Twin Turbo cars has 382hp and 565 lb-ft of torque and could do 191 (Aero coupe). I am sure that with more torque and horsepower, it would get there, and stay at speed :lou

With the original Speedsters ( http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/COTM/2007January/cotm.htm ), you either drive the car over, or under. This means, you either sit below the top of the lowered glass windshield, or above it - I sat below. :cool

12.JPG

With 700hp and 660lb-ft of torque, why wouldn't it hit the target speeds? :confused

The early Callaway Twin Turbo cars has 382hp and 565 lb-ft of torque and could do 191 (Aero coupe). I am sure that with more torque and horsepower, it would get there, and stay at speed.
True, throw enough HP & Tq at something and it's likely going to get there.
I'm no engineer of aerodynamics, but that just looks like an awful lot of open space for turbulence or disrupted air flow to get up to such high speeds.

With the original Speedsters, you either drive the car over, or under. This means, you either sit below the top of the lowered glass windshield, or above it - I sat below. :cool
Yeah, understandable as shown in your pic above. You still had plenty of glass to hide behind. Referencing the Speedster doesn't address my question of face protection with the C16. What exactly are you going to be hiding behind in the C16 pictured above? "Nothing", unless you plan on your forward view being your dash and not the road...

Yeah, understandable as shown in your pic above. You still had plenty of glass to hide behind. Referencing the Speedster doesn't address my question of face protection with the C16. What exactly are you going to be hiding behind in the C16 pictured above? "Nothing", unless you plan on your forward view being your dash and not the road...

I agree! Nice to hit 210mph but if you can't keep your eyes open above 160 what is the use? :D

Groeten Peter

Hey Guys,

Had a few inquiries about Speedster ques avail for all C16s...

We haven't decided on this yet. I would think, at first, the extractor slats and wider rear fenders will be reserved for Speedster exclusivity.

I'd also like to see C16.R happen! One project at a time...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom