Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C16 Sure gets a lot of attention

T

TurboLuigi

I just picked up a copy of Corvette Enthusiast (Great job Chris!) and Celebrity Car :w (good to see you Reeves). They didn't have the new issue of Corvette Quarterly :confused

Since December 2006 my C16 webpage has been viewed 3426 times and the poor quality you tube video has been viewed 6047 times. :crazy

-Luigi
:cool

Luigi, Thanks man! :beer It was neat to preview the car before anyone else had seen the finished product - the headrest extensions were JUST being fit that morning :W

I got the CQ Magazine from a secret source - I hear that with 3,000 copies, it is going to wind up in the Fun-Field bags this year ;)

Good Deal - then I won't stalk Barnes & Noble's for it :D

-Luigi

just found another great article w/ pictures in the Robb Report's "Best Cars" supplement...that tangerine C16 has a lot of legs!

Looks

Maybe it's just me but IMHO the C-16 in not a very attractive car.;shrug I like the looks of the regular C-6 much more. I really don't care for the color either; but the interior sure looks nice, much more Ferrari like.:cool

Norseman,

Perhaps you have not seen one up close and in person as I have (sat in 2 of them already).

;squint:

Certainly not every car appeals to everyone and I have heard those who say they do not like it. Everyone is definitely entitled to their opinion.

However, while I do like the look of the C6, I have issues with the rear. Since the C5, Corvette has had a really big rear, I mean a huge rear. That is something that I do not like in a car. For that reason, I prefer a C4 over a C5 any day.

The front of the C16 to me is much more refined, its curves are smooth and the rear is tapered. I love the front nose and especially the rear end with the flying buttress pillars.

I like it so much that I currently have a new 2008 3LT on order and it is being drop shipped to Callaway for conversion.

-Luigi

...and slowly, the details leak out of Luigi's master plan!

Die Callaway jungs blasen! :L

Sounds violent. Make sure you read that title in Arnold Swartzenager's voice.

It is "Der Amerikanische Ferrari"... :upthumbs

Sweet !!!

-Luigi

Nice to see the Germans are positive about the C16.

In the UK ( Top Gear presentor Jeremy Clarkson ) was less enthusiastic.

but so was I, when I first saw it and now I am in love, not as much as with the aerobody and the C12 looks but slowly we are getting there :D

My Dear Luigi: I have to agree with you on the rear of the C-16, (looks very Ferrari like) I love the look:blue:; but not on the front; to me it looks like a big catfish.:puke

By the way; was ist die geschwindiekeitbegrensung in FT. Lauderdale?:cool

I hate it when people call cars catfishes. What's so wrong with the look? It looks just as much like a snake as it does the lowly catfish. :p

Catfish

I never said catfish were lowly only unattractive-to me at lease, however they do taste great especially blackened Creole style.:)

P.S. I never really liked the looks of the Jag XKE either; and it did kina look like the picture in Luigi's post. :chuckle

But thank God we all don't have the same taste. If so this would be a really boring world.:ugh

At Bloomington Gold, I have already had a half doz. ppl. ask if any C16's are here :upthumbs

...make that a bakers doz., more folks today asking about the C16, or already knew what it was! :cool

While it is interesting that some of the "Corvette loyalists" don't relate to a few of the design elements, I think everyone agrees that it is a rolling showcase of perfomance engineering, and what the Corvette platform is capable of, if optimized. :lou

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom