Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway SC & C16 in the news...

T

TurboLuigi

So far, I have the following publications. Does anyone know if I am missing any??

Date Publication Page Article Name Cover Mention
2006-01 Corvette Magazine 42 The Return of the Callaway Corvette - Tales of the SuperNatural Yes
2006-11 Corvette Enthusiast 24 Tales of the SuperNatual No
2007-02 Vette 38 A conversation with Reeves Callaway - New C16 Yes
2007-02 Road & Track 19 Callaway C16 Drop Top - Sweet 16 Yes
2007-03 Automobile 18 Callaway C16 Drop Top - Sweet 16 Yes
2007-03 Sports Car International 5 Los Angeles Auto Show News No
2007-04 Corvette Magazine 46 Callaway Driver - First Test: The Phenomenal Callaway/Corvette C16 Yes
2007-04 Vette 60 A star is born Yes
2007-04 Corvette Enthusiast 28 Red Rocket Ride - Living Under Pressure Yes
2007-05 Sports Car International 34 Callaway Corvette - Skin Deep Yes
2007-06 Makes and Models 55 2007 Callaway C16 - Sweet 16 No
2007-08 Corvette Enthusiast 26 Callaway C16 Drop Top - Sweet 16 Yes
2007-10 Automobile 20 Ignition >> Go On, take it off - Callaway's C16 Speedster goes totally topless No
2007-11 Motor Trend 56 Space Available No
2007Spring Celebrity Car 96 King of the Hill No
2007Summer Corvette Quarterly 36 Tangelo Dream Yes

-Luigi
:cool

Don't forget PB for the C16 :w

Finished at 2AM and the 1st (real) foto shoot was at 6am at 1st light on the airfield. The official pictures from that shoot were release to the media at large. Both Chris and I were there helping the photographer and taking some of our own 1st pics of the finished car.

I'm really looking forward to picking up an issue.

:upthumbs

-Luigi

IMG_9826.JPG

Finished at 2AM and the 1st (real) foto shoot was at 6am at 1st light on the airfield. The official pictures from that shoot were release to the media at large. Both Chris and I were there helping the photographer and taking some of our own 1st pics of the finished car.

I'm really looking forward to picking up an issue.

:upthumbs

-Luigi

That was an AMAZING trip! Every part about it! :beer

Hey Jonstr, did you notice, the article paid homage to the Series I and II Speedsters with great respect for the influences :cool Thanks again for the experiences of being an "under" driver :beer

Hey Jonstr, did you notice, the article paid homage to the Series I and II Speedsters with great respect for the influences :cool Thanks again for the experiences of being an "under" driver :beer

Yes, actually I did notice that. One of these days it would be cool to get one of each of the Speedsters together for a group shot to show the evolution. :beer

Yes, actually I did notice that. One of these days it would be cool to get one of each of the Speedsters together for a group shot to show the evolution. :beer
Jon, the three generations of Callaway Speedsters were present at Pebble Beach for the 2007 Speedster debut :cool The green Speedster, silver C12 Speedster, and the new one were all present at the unveiling :cool It was an awesome sight!

Two of the Speedsters made it onto the airstrip for the early morning photo shoot. I do not think the tractor trailer had clearance though from the tower :W

I cannot thank you enough for letting me take your car for a spin! So VERY memorable!
Thanks!!!! :beer

hairdo.jpg

Jon, the three generations of Callaway Speedsters were present at Pebble Beach for the 2007 Speedster debut :cool The green Speedster, silver C12 Speedster, and the new one were all present at the unveiling :cool It was an awesome sight!

Two of the Speedsters made it onto the airstrip for the early morning photo shoot. I do not think the tractor trailer had clearance though from the tower :W

Are there any photos of all three together? I don't recall seeing the C12 Speedster in any of the Pebble Beach shots I've seen.

I cannot thank you enough for letting me take your car for a spin! So VERY memorable!
Thanks!!!! :beer

You're welcome. It was a fun show. I hope to be able to make one or two next year.

Are there any photos of all three together? I don't recall seeing the C12 Speedster in any of the Pebble Beach shots I've seen. .

To borrow a line from Meatloaf:

...two out of three ain't bad :cool

c16saa.jpg

Jon, the two earlier Speedsters were parked adjacent to the Concept Lawn, as only those cars that were being introduced there, were on the greens.

Let's see what else I can dig up ;)

To borrow a line from Meatloaf:

...two out of three ain't bad :cool

Those are some great shots. I really wish there were some nice shots of the three of them together. As I look at the C4, C12, and C16 Speedsters individually, I can really see some of the styling cues evolve from generation to generation.

Maybe some evolution photos are something to plan for the Speedster reunion... :upthumbs

I'd also really like to see more shots of the C12 Speedster. I just checked the COG site, and see it hasn't been featured yet as a COTM/COTQ. Any chance of that in the future?

Those are some great shots. I really wish there were some nice shots of the three of them together. As I look at the C4, C12, and C16 Speedsters individually, I can really see some of the styling cues evolve from generation to generation.

Maybe some evolution photos are something to plan for the Speedster reunion... :upthumbs

I'd also really like to see more shots of the C12 Speedster. I just checked the COG site, and see it hasn't been featured yet as a COTM/COTQ. Any chance of that in the future?

Jon, yeah, it was unreal to see the three of them together! :cool :v

Working on the plans for 2011's Speedster Celebration, let's plan on having three generations together! Great idea! :beer

Re: COTQ - outstanding suggestion! We'll make it happen :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom