Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C2/1967 Fuel Line Question re AN Fittings

paul67

Corvette
1974 convertible
I converted to a #1406 Edelbrock carb from the original Holley a couple of years ago as the Holley was a leaky and ill-performing pain in the ***. At that time I purchased the Edelbrock/Russell banjo carb fitting with in-line filter as well as the braided hose down to the fuel pump.

The Edelbrock has performed flawlessly and I am very happy with it. But I have never liked the braided hose. For the spring I was thinking of going back to the stock-like steel line from fuel pump to the in-line filter. I have two GM lines in the basement that I can bend/cut/modify if I can find a bending tool. They are 1/4" inside diameter and 3/8" outside. The fitting on the filter is 6 AN. What adaptor(s) will I need to marry these two together?

http://www.russellperformance.com/auto/fuel/fline_kits_street.shtml

airfilter001.jpg

Looks like you could remove the AN adapter fitting from the filter inlet and use a 1/4" NPT male x 3/8" SAE female inverted flare adapter fitting there (Weatherhead item), and use a 3/8" SAE male inverted flare fitting on the hard line (as originals did).

:beer

Thanks, John. Geez, I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some part numbers!

I've gone all over the Weatherhead site and can't find that part. I'll try something else.

Check your FLAPS. All you need is the discription "1/4" NPT male x 3/8" SAE female inverted flare adapter fitting".

Stay away from the kid with the pimples. :eyerole

I got things sorted out with Russell -6 AN tube nuts and collars as well as a 3/8" to -6 AN fuel pump adapter. The filter is Edelbrock. The 3/8" line is bulk from NAPA, cut, shaped with a bending tool, and flared to AN 37* (not 45*) single-flare specs.

Cost me a few dollars for the tools but I enjoyed the learning experience.

fuel-line005.jpg

Thanks John. I had to sort out SAE vs NPT vs AN vs 3/8" tank to pump vs 5/16" pump to carb and all the permutations but it will work out in the end :) . Catalogues assume you know this stuff!

I had a lot of help from Lars.

BTW-When I start a thread I like to finish it whether the project is a success or otherwise. This little project is routine for many but new to me. I thought someone at some level of experience would benefit.

http://lbfun.com/Corvette/Tech/vettetech_files/How to Build a Fuel Line.pdf

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom