Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C2 Body on top of a C5 Chassis/ drivetrain

Very nice.....I bet it was a rather pricey conversion. Hard to tell where you added the width to the body. It looks very "normal".

Very Cool!

G'day Down Under, "aussieross01!" About a decade ago I spent a couple months on a job assignment down there in Adelaide! Beautiful city! Good luck with the Prodigy!

I found this one at a show in CT:thumb

Picture012.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture010.jpg

I dont know if I have anything to add....other than I want it when you are done :) A C2 body with C5 mecanicals would be killer.

They already exist, as stated erlier in this thread there were a few at Barrett Jackson this year...brought a tremendous amount of money, a heck of a lot more then I would ever give for one. But that is the beauty of the hot rodding hobby, to each their own and to their taste. As always, it only matters what the beholder or owner thinks. :thumb

They already exist, as stated erlier in this thread there were a few at Barrett Jackson this year...brought a tremendous amount of money, a heck of a lot more then I would ever give for one. But that is the beauty of the hot rodding hobby, to each their own and to their taste. As always, it only matters what the beholder or owner thinks. :thumb

Ahh yes TOO FAST but they are NOTHING like Prodigy. I believe the approach we have used is unique on a C2. Check it out. I understand it's not everybody's 'cup of tea', but she's turned out a treat:- and nobody else has one.

Checked out the site, it is OK, but again I am just not into it...cool looking car though. I just returned from Perth yesterday...tough flight back to the states, great place, loved the weather, have not been to Adelaide yet though.

Phenomenal work and story! You have every right to be extremely proud!

Some questions: Was the donor C5 Vette already right-hand drive? Or did you have to convert for your project?

How often do you drive Prodigy?

Can you give us some "driving" impressions?

Congratulations, again, for a fabulous Vette!

While driving Prodigy, please be sure to SAVE the WAVE! :w

Phenomenal work and story! You have every right to be extremely proud!

Some questions: Was the donor C5 Vette already right-hand drive? Or did you have to convert for your project?

How often do you drive Prodigy?

Can you give us some "driving" impressions?

Congratulations, again, for a fabulous Vette!

While driving Prodigy, please be sure to SAVE the WAVE! :w

Thanks for your kind words, and yep, we are real proud of this car:- it was a lifetime dream, and a bucket list project for me.

I purchased the donor car from an insurance site on the net, and of course it was LHD, and purchased in Tennnesse.
I had it shipped to LA, and then sea freight back here to Australia.

The RHD conversion was attended to here whilst undergoing the build.

I haven't yet got it registered for the road, so the driving experience has been minimal. It will be just like driving a C5 Z06 with a super charger, because after all, it's a rebodied C5. The coilover shocks will also give a different driving experience.

We are currently doing some fine tuning and refining to get it just right. Prodigy has been picked to contest the Top 12 Super Star finalist at Motorex in July this year, so we are endeavouring to put our best foot forward.

I'm real glad the project is drawing to an end, it's been a long road.
Cheers
Ross

Thanks for all your answers.

One more question: Well, maybe just one more. ;)

Was there a "Gold" award available? Or just the Silver and Bronze?

The reason I ask is I cannot see your Vette achieving any LESS than a "Gold" award. Here in the states the awards go in this order: Gold, Silver, Bronze with Gold being the best.

Your Vette deserves a "Gold" award for every area entered!

JMHO!

When you start driving your Vette on the road, please be sure to SAVE the WAVE! :w

Thanks for all your answers.

One more question: Well, maybe just one more. ;)

Was there a "Gold" award available? Or just the Silver and Bronze?

The reason I ask is I cannot see your Vette achieving any LESS than a "Gold" award. Here in the states the awards go in this order: Gold, Silver, Bronze with Gold being the best.

Your Vette deserves a "Gold" award for every area entered!

JMHO!

When you start driving your Vette on the road, please be sure to SAVE the WAVE! :w

Yep,same as over there in the States. Gold as a first, silver as a second, and bronze as a third.

We were blown away to win what we did. We were up against over 330 of the countries top elite show cars.
We only showed the car to mark the end of a very long journey, and truly didn't haven't any expectations of winning anything.
In the last month before this show we literally threw the car together to get it finished in time, and many things weren't finished to the standard I was striving for, so taking this into account, I think we did really well.
I got sooo sick of the car, that when we bought it back from the show it lay untouched in the garage for nearly 5 months before I could bare to look at it again.

It's really only the last few weeks I've mustered enough enthusiasm to get back in and sort this car out properly.
We've got to July to get it right, and I want to take it back to Motorex properly finished this time.

It's only when we showed it a couple of times recently before I started the much needed rework, that it dawned on me that we have created something special. I realise it's not to everyone's taste, and we have had our fair share of critisism, but the overiding messages of support for Prodigy have been fantastic. It's nice to know it is apreciated by many people out there.

One things for sure, love it, or hate it, it is a unique concept, that I don't believe you will see too much of in the future. I don't think there are many people stupid enough out there to spend so much time to build what we have done:- in hindsight it was crazy, and I would never do it again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom