Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C2 shifter bracket assembly pics

brumbach

Corvette
1965 convertible
Does anyone out there have an assembly picture for the 4 speed shifter bracket assembly for a 65 vette? If you also have installation instructions, I'd sure appreciate them too. I'm having diffulty in placing the two bolts that afix the mounting bracket to the bottom of the shifter. The holes don't line up. Hope you can help. Bill

Since we're on this subject, let me ask a question. I just installed my shifter this weekend and everything works fine but for one thing. The long shifter shaft bolt that holds the shifter to the plate, I'm having trouble with.....when I tighten it up it squeezes the shifter so tight that I can hardly move it. When I loosen up on it, it wants to turn everytime I go to shift and eventually will loosen up and fall out. Whats the fix and exactly whats the correct shaft bolt (or Pivot pin) am I suppose to use. I have the plate as shown in the illustration WayneC provided in this thread (15A). Do I use the shoulder bolt (17B) or the pivot pin (28). I currently have the shoulder bolt and have the above problem.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom