Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C3 75 Shroud Material?

emf1367

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary Coupe
Does anyone know for certain what material was used to make the shroud. Mine is black and gray swirled plastic of some type but I dont know what it is. I've tried numerous adhesives, glues, and epoxy's and nothing seems to adhere to it.

I have a 71 and need the same info. The idiot who owned the car before me cut the shroud to get it out. My Corvette is a driver so I don't want to buy a new shroud. I can weld the cut if I find out what material it is made out of. If anyone know the answer it would be appreciated or if someone has an idea on how to repair the cut it would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I have a 71 and need the same info. The idiot who owned the car before me cut the shroud to get it out. My Corvette is a driver so I don't want to buy a new shroud. I can weld the cut if I find out what material it is made out of. If anyone know the answer it would be appreciated or if someone has an idea on how to repair the cut it would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I should have added that the radiator fan shroud is the plastic one and the weld would be a plastic weld.

help

so i had the same problem come one cut mine to take it out and then put it back by just using glue. So i this is a driver car so not wanting to by a new one, i bought a plastic welder and since i didnt know the material to use with the weld i trying them all. I cant remember the name of the plastic but the sticks i used were like light green. I hope this help. btw i have a 75 also

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom