Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C3 at El Mirage

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
0509.JPG

I wonder how fast it went. This was on 10/22/06.

tom

I like the headers coming out of the fender vents. I wonder If my wife would like me to do that to her '81?

Tom

10/22 results are now posted on the SCTA website, but the photo of the car that was posted is gone, so I can't ID the car by its number/class.

:beer

It was the number 509 A/GMS Sundance GoldCstRdsts, Harold Motsenbocker entry. It ran 164.213 on a 215.000 record. I found another picture of the car and posted it in the post above where the old pic was.

For a short video of the 509 car in ...uhhhhh...action click here and then click on "2 Spins".

I also follow the Thacker and Shine F/BSR efforts. They were in England a while back in a wind tunnel and found several things that worked and didn't work to make a '29 Ford slicker. They must have had some issues because they ran 26 mph slower than the 186.861 mph record.

Here's a C3 that is still in the photos section.
0866.JPG

Here's the Thacker and Shine roadster.

1946.JPG

I love this Ardun powered old spring car.
8002.JPG

I also follow the Thacker and Shine F/BSR efforts. They ran 26 mph slower than the 186.861 mph record.

1946.JPG
This car went 160mph? Wow!...not that it's not possible, but I'd think that if he was to get airborne or upside-down somehow, that rollcage ain't gonna keep him from being 6ft under two days later...!

Tain't nuthin' McGee. Take a look at this list of records set by pre 1938 vintage roadsters. The main difference in appearance between the street roadsters and the modified roadsters is that the modifieds don't run fenders or headlights. This is at the dry lake. They run even faster at Bonneville.

SCTA Roadster Class Records

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom