Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C3 Dual Exhaust Question

FredC3

Corvette
1980 Corvette
I purchased a Pypes aftermarket dual exhaust and jettisoned the old system and cat converter. However, the Pypes rear section does not fit properly and there are no muffler shops near me that do work on stainless 2.5" exhaust (bend and/or weld) so that I can get a good fit with the muffler tucked in the wheel well. Does anyone know of a shop that does this work in the Richmond, VA or Newport News, VA area (I am midway between the two)?

Thanks in advance if you have any suggestions.
Fred

I purchased a Pypes aftermarket dual exhaust and jettisoned the old system and cat converter. However, the Pypes rear section does not fit properly and there are no muffler shops near me that do work on stainless 2.5" exhaust (bend and/or weld) so that I can get a good fit with the muffler tucked in the wheel well. Does anyone know of a shop that does this work in the Richmond, VA or Newport News, VA area (I am midway between the two)?

Fred

Hi Fred
Sorry I don't know of any shops in your area but just want to say your problem is not uncommon. I bought several systems about 10 years that were from a well know vendor that actually made them. Not one fit correctly, my chambered system was terrible and it would cost more to ship at the time then have a local shop correct it so that is what did as well.

Fred

I don't live near were you live, but there are probably "mom and pop" shops that would do it. Big box outfits like Midus, or Tuffy, etc. will never touch it. I'd show up in person and discuss your issue with smaller off the radar shops. If you call over the phone, you will probably get a no. Where I live I know of at least 3 shops that would do this. I have had several cars and trucks that they custom made duels for me sans converters. Seek and thee shall find.

Dual exhaust work

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I found a mom and pop shop about 40 miles from me that has done the work.

Much obliged.

Fred

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom