Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

c3 hard top

MADLT1

Corvette
lt1 71 brans hatch green convertible
looking for the metal trim that goes around the header of a hard top,any clues on were i can pick one up.

hardtop002.jpg
see the piece missing at top

Swap meet, ebay, or a Corvette salvage yard might be your best bets.

FWIW: I ordered one of these years ago through my Chevrolet Parts Department. It took a long time to arrive. When I picked it up, the parts guy said the trim had finally been located in a GM warehouse in St. Louis and that it was the only one they had.

:)

thank yoy ,i have emailed the question to paragon,i will let you know how i go when i hear from them.as far as salvage yards and swap meets go,there are none at all for corvettes in this country,swap meets are full of australian produced car parts suchg as holdens,fords that kind of thing:beer

there is a thread about corvette salvage yards around somewhere I think it was started by grumpyvette there are links to several large operations. You can also try Ebay and kind of read between the lines several sell on Ebay
Contempory Corvette, Dino's are a couple off the top of my head

here is grumpys thread
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85539
you should have a good start now

...as far as salvage yards and swap meets go,there are none at all for corvettes in this country,swap meets are full of australian produced car parts suchg as holdens,fords that kind of thing:beer

Contact CorvetteMack through ebay. Mack has a Corvette salvage yard outside of Atlanta. He lists lots of parts on ebay. If you don't see what you want in Mack's listings, email him through ebay and tell what you want. If he's got the part, he'll usually find what you want and list it on ebay.

:)

thanks guys,i have emailed them all,will let you know when they get back,cheers.:upthumbs

tried all them salvage yards and did no good,there is this guy here in australia who has his own corvette repair shop,says he can get me a good second hand one for $725 plus gst,this to me sounds outrageouse costing,i may be better off buying another hard top,one sold here in australi a couple of months ago for $1000,if i knew then what i know now i would have purchased it,oh well i will keep looking for this ellusive part.

BUMP:upthumbs still looking:confused

alternatives

I was at a swap meet last Sunday looking for latches for my Convertible top, my 68 only had the hard top when I bought it. No one had any but one vendor told me T-top latches are the same so I am bidding on a set of T-tops to get the latches;LOL
Now on that vein perhaps the trim from a T-top could be made to work on your top.
The seller is willing to sell me the latches only if I win so I'll bet he would sell the trim also.
I'll keep you posted
Craig sr.

BTW I looked at my 68 hard top and it has no trim there either now I have to find out if it had trim all around or just on the sides.
mine looks just like yours.;LOL

BTW I looked at my 68 hard top and it has no trim there either now I have to find out if it had trim all around or just on the sides.
mine looks just like yours.;LOL
that would be right,oh well while you are looking at some of those swap meets see if you can pick up two:D :D

that would be right,oh well while you are looking at some of those swap meets see if you can pick up two:D :D

just bought a pair of T-tops on Ebay I told the seller I just need the latches and trim, I'll let you know if it fits :L you may be able to go that route also.

:upthumbs sounds good bossvett:D keep us posted mate:crazy

sorry it took so long to get back to you but I finally finished my soft top install and can now work on the hard top; here is what t-top trim looks like
DSC03633a.jpg

I'll put on the small pieces that cover the gaps later, they go under the weatherstrip. I had to cut a piece out of the side trim to cover the gap on the front a little bit of hillbilly engineering ;LOL
DSC03635a.jpg

BTW I paid $60 for the t-tops delivered and used the latches on the vert top and the trim on the hard top. :upthumbs

that is so cool:upthumbsi luv what you have done,i will attempt the same as you.so here is a call now for any t top trim pieces,i will have to try to get them from america as parts are still limited here in australia.;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom