Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 Door Weatherstriping

Corvette
1986 "Bright Red" Coupe
Has anyone here used weatherstripping from "METRO"? If so was it good quality, did it fit well etc. It is a lot less expensive than OEM and was wondering if it's worth the money.

My impression from other posts and from distributors (who sell both) I have spoken to...GM is a better product...softer and more pliable. For the few extra bucks, I would stick with GM

I agree with JonM. Stick with GM original parts. I replaced two of my weatherstrips from Eckler's products that were not GM originals. I was sorry for the final results, especially from the feel and touch of the non-GM strips. They filled in fine, assembly was okay, but the surface texture and exact geometry are not the same. Only an expert eye can tell the difference, but I am still at pain with this. I think Art's Corvette Parts carry some inventory of GM originals. Try them first for the price.

A few bucks of extra is well worth avoiding the heartburn...

GO FOR GM ORIGINALS IN ALMOST ANYTHING YOU DO TO YOUR CAR

:( :( :(

Ive used aftermarket w/s on alot of customer cars and never had a problem or complaint.The only one I recall using Metro on was a c4 about 3 years ago.I still see the guy from time to time and he hasnt said a word about it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom