Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 Lt1 shorty headers

94conv.

Corvette
1994 red convertible
Any advantage with shorty headers on a stock 94 lt1 automatic? It will have the magnaflows installed friday if they come in early enough otherwise it will be monday, it also has a standard k&n filter.
Thanks

I'd be interested in hearing advice as well. :D

I didnt know what the difference was, the design of the shorty headers are more distinct in that they have the appearance of individual tubes where as the stock looks more cast as a whole unit. Thats why I ask. Ebay has a set for 289.00 and they looked like a basic swap. If there isnt any real difference I wasnt going to waste my money.
Thanks for the replys.

Save your money, Shortie Headers will only gain about 5 HP and for the time and expense it is not worth it. Long Tubes with HP cats are worth the time and money. And if you ever go further with any other engine mod's the L/T headers will really help. Stainless Works, TPIS, Exotic Muscle are just a few of the best places to shop for good Long Tubes. The thicker the flange that bolts to the head the better. And look for 1 3/4 inch O.D. that are equal lenght that go to 3 inch collectors. Ceramic coating is a good option also (coated inside and out). Big bucks and a lot of work but about 20 HP gain.

Thanks for the advise, 20hp with just headers isnt bad. It seems to have more pep at take off with just the mufflers. If I can swing it in the future, Id like to do the hotcam I hear people on here talk about and heads. Im not real savy with doing it myself so Im hesitant to take on to much. Id love to turn this car into a beast though, even a mild beast. Did you get much gain from the programmer? Or is it all top end gains?

I don't know if it's an issue for you but I've heard with the long tubes on an automatic, you won't be able to run cats.

I don't know if it's an issue for you but I've heard with the long tubes on an automatic, you won't be able to run cats.
You lose the pre-cats but there is no problem with the main cat. On Thunder I am running a pair of Randon 3¨ hi-flow cats. It passes Euro-Smog3 which is almost as tough as California.

You lose the pre-cats but there is no problem with the main cat. On Thunder I am running a pair of Randon 3¨ hi-flow cats. It passes Euro-Smog3 which is almost as tough as California.

I'm not sure, but I don't believe a 94 has precats and a main cat, just two cats.

I'm not sure, but I don't believe a 94 has precats and a main cat, just two cats.
I think your right, out of the two cats into a resonator and out to the back. The 94's cats do resemble the earlier precats just a little further up the pipe I think.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom