Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"C4 owner's it's our turn"

Is 3% enough

• yes

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • no

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • not sure

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters
I still think C4's are depreciating, not appreciating, but if I go with the assumption of 3% appreciation.......

lets see, I gain 3% per year due to appreciation,

and spend 3-5% per year for insurance, registration, emissions, etc.

and spend 10-20% per year for maintenance, upgrades, mods, etc.

and acquire more miles, wear and tear from driving it dragging the value down x? % per year

.... oh who cares, I'll just keep it and enjoy driving it!

Hey Don't go telling me that! :eyerole How I'm I suppose to have this much fun if this thing is getting valuable! Besides that is about when I sold my C-2's and C-3's and I haven't decided to buy C-5 or C-6 yet!! ;LOL:beer

Hey Don't go telling me that! :eyerole How I'm I suppose to have this much fun if this thing is getting valuable! Besides that is about when I sold my C-2's and C-3's and I haven't decided to buy C-5 or C-6 yet!! ;LOL:beer

I see you have a Callaway, you’re pretty much guaranteed appreciation.;)

B17Crew
:w

THANK YOU B17CREW AND TO THE REST OF THE MEMBERS I AM HAPPY TO BE HERE AND THANKS FOR VIEWING MY THREAD. MY 86 C4 IS MY PRIDE AND JOY IN JAN.2007 IT WILL BE AN ANTIQUE SINCE THE NEW CHANGE.
THANKS ROCKYQ
C/O CHECKERED FLAG CORVETTE CLUB
ANNAPOLIS MD.

RockyQ - what do you mean about your 86 being an antique in Jan 2007? If you are referring to tags I thought is was 25 years in Maryland.

Guess I'll just keep mine..1 of 71, 91 Quasar Blue ZR-1s

Appreciation or not. What I do know is that my vette depreciates a lot slower than most any other car. For me I saw buying a vette as a good value, not to underestimate the fun factor.If I could be so lucky that the corvette increases in value, that's great.

Glenn
:w

HELLO BILL,
THAT IS SUPPOSED TO CHANGE TO 20 YRS. AS OF JAN. 01, 2007, WHEN I GET MORE INFO. I WILL LET YOU KNOW.

HELLO BILL,
THAT IS SUPPOSED TO CHANGE TO 20 YRS. AS OF JAN. 01, 2007, WHEN I GET MORE INFO. I WILL LET YOU KNOW.

:beer :beer
Thanks for getting back That's great news. Besides the vettes we have an 85 el camino. It a real chore going thru emissions. The 85 vette never has a problem. Plus I think we save money on Historic tags as well. Thanks again

HELLO BILL,

Here's the answer from MVA "The law will change Jan 1, 2007. The bill changes the definition of a historic motor vehicle to a vehicle that is at least 20 years old" That's an answer I got from the MVA website. So not only are our C4s gaining value but the tags will now be $51 for two years instead of $128 plus vehicles with Historic tags don't do the emissions testing. Things are looking up.

CTYANK2
I drove it about 400 miles this past week end. Had it flight judged. Got 100.2 out of a possible 110 point's. I was happy. I plan on driving it more after regional's. I love the car, after coming out of a 69 i don't think I will go back.
Besides I have a Mechanic that love's C-4'S. TLS

HISTORIC TAGS

THANKS FOR POSTING THE INFO. BILL, I'M NOT SURE IF I WILL GET THE TAGS BUT I'M GLAD WE WILL HAVE THAT OPTION. I HAVE TO FIND OUT ALL OF THE RULES THAT APPLY.

C/O ROCKY Q
CHECKERED FLAG CORVETTE CLUB
ANNAPOLIS MD.

I am totally in love with my iron heads 1986 coupe

It has all options except for the automatic airco. altough it has high mileage I appreciate the price is getting up a bit.

I am saving money for a Callaway Supernatural Convertible with hardtop and Callaway Aerobody or 1991 Twin Turbo convertible ......
and I have not decided if I will add that as a second or I will replace the 1986

It was my first Vette afterall.

C4 are my favorite body style :upthumbs

father&son

vette-04.jpg
Driving 75+mph the other day, a 2005 mustang black with red strips comes up beside me guns it and takes off. I drop my C4 to 3rd over drive, and after him i go. Then I remember over 100 mph loose your driveing rights in Minnesota, let the mustang go!!! Next town, first stop li
vette-04.jpg
te, the mustang. Stop along side of him, he looks at me, and i smile,and say" it must be fun going 120+ mph I've been doing it for 22years, see ya!!!
vette-14.jpg

Ive modified mine too much to get my money out of it. Plus I dont think I would ever sell it.

C4 Value

If the value of the C4's don't go up, or even if it does ...My 1990 Convertible will stay in the family.....It's worth a million to me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom