Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"C4 owner's it's our turn"

Is 3% enough

• yes

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • no

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • not sure

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters
To all C4 owners our cars are increasing at 3% each year and climbing. So if you own one don't let it go of it if you don't have too. This a vette that you can get at a reasonable price now and will bring great value in the future. so take care of your investment.

:) Save the wave

I am happy to hear that our cars are actually appreciating after the downward slide all these years. Happy 2007 to all at CAC!

The Doc

C4 Appreciation

One thing that affects the value of C4's is how much restoration parts cost. There are a lot of expensive electronic gadgets on C4's. I just replaced the electronic air conditioning control on my 1988 -- for the second time. Who wants to ride around in the summer in a Corvette that has no working HVAC? For that matter, who would want to buy one without a working HVAC?

If you look at the cost of replacement door panels, electronic instrument cluster, weatherstrip, seats, it can cost more to restore a C4 than what it would be worth. So if you have a C4 that's in good shape, take care of it. As C4's age, there will be fewer and fewer around simply because it costs so much to buy parts needed to keep them running.

But they built C4's from 1984 thru 1996 - that's a lot of C4's so I doubt they will ever appreciate like the older ones. Even ZR1's aren't worth that much, especially now that the new ones come with 400 HP -- and a warranty.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom