Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 Sales Values in the Toilet..confirmed

I think the biggest bottom line here, is that nothing turns into an antique overnight...I think c4's and 5's both will see a long period of time as an affordable used car, I think with both you'll have some of the "get what you pay for" where you'll be able to find cars that are cherry if you want to pay for it, selling one of such cars will be possible, but take patience and time to find the buyer who understands and appreciates a car in such condition....and is willing to pay for it. I also believe that whether driven, or garage queens, ones kept up will some day pay off for those who hang onto them, and those who don't will often fall into the "I wish I used to have a...xxxxx...wish I hadn't sold that car...".

The pricelessness to me isn't what the blue book or monetary value is, it's the joy in driving it and the friendships that come into place because of it. Drive on!

I think the biggest bottom line here, is that nothing turns into an antique overnight...I think c4's and 5's both will see a long period of time as an affordable used car, I think with both you'll have some of the "get what you pay for" where you'll be able to find cars that are cherry if you want to pay for it, selling one of such cars will be possible, but take patience and time to find the buyer who understands and appreciates a car in such condition....and is willing to pay for it. I also believe that whether driven, or garage queens, ones kept up will some day pay off for those who hang onto them, and those who don't will often fall into the "I wish I used to have a...xxxxx...wish I hadn't sold that car...".

The pricelessness to me isn't what the blue book or monetary value is, it's the joy in driving it and the friendships that come into place because of it. Drive on!
Ding,Ding,Ding We have a winner here!!!!:upthumbs

..... the C4 remains a kick to drive and perhaps one of the great used sports car values today.

:upthumbs

simbadb said:
...Per my title line...The C5 (IMO) will prove to be the phantom issue. The Corvette nobody wants or cares about.>>>

Look:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/c5/c5prod.html
In Only A 7 Year Run They Produced 214,651 C5's

The C5 will be the forgotten generation. IMO

No Corvette has turned out to be "forgotten" and certainly not an entire generation of them. Have to agree to disagree with you on that point Sinbadb.

They produced 214,651 of them because somebody wanted them. And we still do! ;)

:wJane Ann

Hey Kids (at least those trying to sell a C4 later edition)

This link pretty much confirms how deep in the toilet is the C4 series as to sales value:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=230157980220&rd=1

here was a nice Collector with LT1, auto and reasonable mileage. Oh well, I'm trying to sell mine (since May) and the phone is not ringing off the wall.

Who would ever think it would be hard to sell a Corvette ??? ;help

I guess I respectfully disagree. The car is eleven years old, high milage and a speciality automobile. It is foolish to consider it an economic investment at all. If you look at it as a pass time, entertainment, mental health relief ok. As a dollar and cents investment, not so much. As far as I am concerned if they were so hotly sought after then guys like me could not afford them.

in 10-20 years many, if not most of you gentelmen will look back and remember ,and KICK YOURSELF IN THE BUTT! for not buying a couple at these prices NOW while they are available! think back, I can remember clean, decent condition 427 1967-1968 corvettes and 1969-1971 BBC corvettes for sale frequently in the $3000-$5000 range and at times even LOWER IN PRICEs , even 10-20 years ago those cars were a screaming bargin compared to what they bring today! I look back and kick myself NOW thinking about the deals I passed on as I was working on cars in the 1970s-early 1980s NOW look at those cars!!!
If you have the space and a few dollars to invest NOW is the EXACT TIME to buy a CLEAN good condition corvette and stash it away under conditions where it STAYS in good condition

I guess the proof of what you are is the 1970ish Cuda and Roadrunner.

Nah, check out ebay auction # 250153212068. :boogie

in 10-20 years many, if not most of you gentelmen will look back and remember ,and KICK YOURSELF IN THE BUTT! for not buying a couple at these prices NOW while they are available! think back, I can remember clean, decent condition 427 1967-1968 corvettes and 1969-1971 BBC corvettes for sale frequently in the $3000-$5000 range and at times even LOWER IN PRICEs , even 10-20 years ago those cars were a screaming bargin compared to what they bring today! I look back and kick myself NOW thinking about the deals I passed on as I was working on cars in the 1970s-early 1980s NOW look at those cars!!!
If you have the space and a few dollars to invest NOW is the EXACT TIME to buy a CLEAN good condition corvette and stash it away under conditions where it STAYS in good condition

Yeah thats what I was thinking - Of course over the last 10 years my friends kept talling me to stop ****ing away money on Corvettes and GTOs and buy a second townhouse on my block when they were one quarter the price they are now.

"and buy a second townhouse on my block when they were one quarter the price they are now."

hard to beat real estate! but you can usually buy a whole lot more corvettes, for far less money, and have less running expence like property taxes ETC. with a couple corvettes stashed away, yeah, real estate generally beats cars but you can buy corvettes for far less than most houses, the plus side on real estate is that if correctly sellected you can rent out the house and let someone else pay the morgage while the house appreciates

Check out the bidding on that car. Does anything strike you as not right?

eBay #250153212068

Yes, very odd. The bidder has a good eBay rating so I dont suppose he is a Non-Pay but 20K for that car?? Hmmmm

Yea and what a bump from a relatively low bid to the 20k.

Yeah thats what I was thinking - Of course over the last 10 years my friends kept talling me to stop ****ing away money on Corvettes and GTOs and buy a second townhouse on my block when they were one quarter the price they are now.

I'm not sure how it is in NY now but here in the midwest there are 11 homes for every buyer in the market. Not exactly a good place to have your investment if your are looking to make a quick buck. Unless you bought ten years ago and sold it two years ago.

Plus even if you are not looking at it as an investment.
It's a lot more fun to have a vette.:upthumbs

I will have to stick with my initial postings about C4 values. The **(fine condition) special models** are just now starting to marginally climb in value. With GM's move to what looks like much more rapid model changes (C7 coming in 2010) a well bought, special C4, should continue to hold and climb in value over the coming years as they approach collector status quicker than in the past.

As an art dealer friend of mine says "I make my money when I buy, not when I sell"

Contrary to what some others have said about the C4 not getting any respect; I get compliments all the time on mine and as I mentioned even an unsollicited, attractive offer. To me this only means I dont have to worry about depreciating my car over the coming years as I plan to keep it for some years and use it only as a summer weekend driver.

eBay #250153212068

Yes, very odd. The bidder has a good eBay rating so I dont suppose he is a Non-Pay but 20K for that car?? Hmmmm

I guess the story is at the last minute the guy found out the lot he bought the car from likely rolled back the odometer mileage, based on carfax information. He claims ebay wouldn't allow him to pull the auction so he had a friend from the same town put in the crazy $20,000 bid to end the auction without a sale. It was nice for a second to think that you could get $20,000 for an average 88. :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom