Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 vs C5 - long read

I had an '88 Coupe that was my DD for 4 years. Then I purchased the 2002 vert. I was going to keep the '88 (166K miles) and continue to drive it as a DD but once I started driving my '02 I just never drove the C4 so I sold it. I really like the rear end of the C5 much better than the C4 and it performs better. I miss the clamshell and the feedback from the road that the C4 provided.

A 400HP 1995 MN6 would be great!:D

'95 C4 to '03 Z06

I really liked my 95 C4 coupe. It was polo green / tan 6 speed car. The interior was nice, the ride was like you would expect and the power was there .... but the C5 is twice the car for me.

I have the Z06 so I can't comment on coupe to coupe. The Z06 ride is WAY firmer, the power is massive and the interior is nicer. Performance wise, they aren't even in the same league. The ride noise in the Z06 is twice what the C4 was.

I think the C4 is the best value in a sports car right now but it is getting harder to find a nice one. I would love to have a clean LT4 / 6 spd car.

right now I am car-sitting for some friends out of town for months. Here they are 1972 coupe,1990 vert and my 2002 coupe wow Im in covette heaven! the cars are both sticks! They are both nice vettes,fun to drive get looks on the road are a little loud and ride a little ruff but so what!anyway at the end of the day I love my c5 over all It;s just better.:upthumbs

Thank you Thank you Thank youfor your information

I am a novice on Corvettes, always wanted one never got the chance between divorces and children....After 36 years and getting the bucket list Motorcycle out of the way, 36 years of marriage to a great lady, no kids at home, I retired and we want to go on 3-7 day trips often. I want a Corvette to do this with.

Has to be AT so she can drive "occasionally", and have some luggage space for the wife's "stuff" and be comfortable.

My wife is being coxed along and finally got her to sit in a 1991 C4, she hated the seats, the side bolsters killed her hips and even though the price ranges for these are better the test drive was like driving a truck. I am thinking maybe a C5 earlier model. Haven't found one locally to sit in and drive but am looking. This is why your post was so informative.

Considering the C5's, which years would suit my $$$ limits, have the comfort we need (Hell I am 66 years young), able to take the trips and reliability.

Is there any special items I need to pay attention to and areas that might be issues in used ones?

Thanks again and hope to hear from anyone out there.......:confused.

I am a novice on Corvettes, always wanted one never got the chance between divorces and children....After 36 years and getting the bucket list Motorcycle out of the way, 36 years of marriage to a great lady, no kids at home, I retired and we want to go on 3-7 day trips often. I want a Corvette to do this with.

Has to be AT so she can drive "occasionally", and have some luggage space for the wife's "stuff" and be comfortable.

My wife is being coxed along and finally got her to sit in a 1991 C4, she hated the seats, the side bolsters killed her hips and even though the price ranges for these are better the test drive was like driving a truck. I am thinking maybe a C5 earlier model. Haven't found one locally to sit in and drive but am looking. This is why your post was so informative.

Considering the C5's, which years would suit my $$$ limits, have the comfort we need (Hell I am 66 years young), able to take the trips and reliability.

Is there any special items I need to pay attention to and areas that might be issues in used ones?

Thanks again and hope to hear from anyone out there.......:confused.

You and your wife would love any of the C5s. The trunk space in the vert is great, as long as you keep the top up... we loved ours!! :thumb

I believe that you would like the C5 better. But I would shoot for one of the later years, rather than the earlier ones. Coupes have a TON of space in the hatch area. My wife and I traveled quite a bit in ours. Several bags, even golf clubs and other bags fit easily in the back of the coupe. If you want the open air feel, the top comes off easier than the C4 as well.

You might even look at C6s they are very roomy as well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom