Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 vs C5 performance

Yeah,Those C7 drivers are way ahead of their time!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie

i like the looks of the C7 but its looks like Jesus will be back befor it goes into production..perhaps they will offer a body kit....lol:w

C4 vs C5

I had a 96 LT4 and now have a 2000 C5 with HP around 345. But the LT4 was under reported by Chev and actual HP ranges as high as 390 on a dyno. I don't know about the C5 or 6 years rated above 400 hp but I believe my 96 LT4 would have beaten my 2000 in a race.

As to the wave, I think many are not aware of the practice and sometimes you just don't see the other Vette, but in the St. Louis area, most will wave.

:w

I had a 96 LT4 and now have a 2000 C5 with HP around 345. But the LT4 was under reported by Chev and actual HP ranges as high as 390 on a dyno. I don't know about the C5 or 6 years rated above 400 hp but I believe my 96 LT4 would have beaten my 2000 in a race.

As to the wave, I think many are not aware of the practice and sometimes you just don't see the other Vette, but in the St. Louis area, most will wave.

its all good...when in doubt ...wait for it.......
ill wait and see whats next:cool

Does anyone know if the LT1 was also under reported by Chev?

lotta readers around.

me, i think in stock trim the pre-92's are slower than dogshit. base LT1's ain't much better.

in this day and age, generally they're ready-made to get their doors blown off by your average family sedan, especially the earlier series.

what to do next time to the Punk

There is a punk kid running around here in a 02-03 Z06. I've seen him many times. I see him the other day, and he comes flying up from behind me, getting right on my :booty

The next road was mine, so I thought he may follow me, so I signaled with plenty of time. Instead the punk pulls up next to me on the right, and gives me a look like I wasn't good enough to be on the road. One of these days, we will meet and he wont be so smug :D

Next time he gives you that look, just remember why God gave you 5 fingers instead of 4, so you would have a middle one to raise at him next time you see him, its an international sign for :mad:D:bash;shrug:W accepted worldwide.... cheers

C4 vrs C5 as I own both

The handling performane on the C4 is hand down way better :cool, the ride Quality on the C5 is much smoother, the C5 has more headroom and technology and gadgets :beer , we raced both and it was neck and neck with C4 slight advantage then after 60 the top end of the C5 pulled 1-2 cars ahead by 70-100mph. the cornering performance of the C4 is much racier and faster :upthumbs, I also have 335/35/17 ;squint: on the rear on zr1 replica wheels, sweet, 275/40/17 on front, use to have 295/35/18 z06 rims and tires on all 4, but like this 17 inch zr1 setup more, they are Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 on all my cars even my twin turbo v12 mercedes, best tire ever for vette or any car if you do not drive in snow :eek:hnoes.

on a race track like F1 type track, the C4 is a better car :D, they dominated SCCA races winning 97% of all races until they were kicked out :mad for winning so much and went to GT2 instead. if your tall and like smooth daily ride, the C5 may be best, do not care for c6 at all, shorter, like flip up lights on c5 and the longer look, and really love the long hoods and short rears of the C3 and C4, but this is about c4 and c5. If you like cornering and race car ride, and are 6 foot or smaller, the C4 is awesome, plus when fixed up with just a few mods, the c4 is one of the best looking cars, I am 6' 2" and the c4 is a squeez, but I love it, for long drives that C5 is also great, you can't go wrong either way, both awesome cars, just what is your style and likes, THATS WHY I GOT ONE OF EACH :rotfl :thumb. Like I always say, any Vette is better than no vette at all...

lotta readers around.

me, i think in stock trim the pre-92's are slower than dogshit. base LT1's ain't much better.

in this day and age, generally they're ready-made to get their doors blown off by your average family sedan, especially the earlier series.

After all your mods, how would you rate your car now? Not trying to be smart, just curious. I did a few mods to my '92 LT1 and it made a noticeable difference. Definitely more fun to drive now.

CG

I raced vettes all the time at the track,well before it closed.. i actually raced my own c4,my g/friend was driving my stock 89 auto with 3:07 gears. She can drive,she got a 2.0 60 ft time.ran a 14'1 @ 99 mph,i was next to her in my bone stock (at that time) 99 auto 3:07 gears. I ran 13.6 @ 106 with a 2.2 60 ft time,run flats suck for traction. Thats many more car lenghts than it looks on papaer,thats actually quit a gap. Best time ever in my c5,was 13.1 @ 110 with hedders and cold air intake.Best my 89 ever did was 14.0 @99mph... i raced my buddies 96 LT1 vert auto 3:07,he ran 13.8 @ 103. I also raced a couple modded c4 from a 55mph roll with my c5,i destroyed them from 55 to 150mph.Had the c5 to 165 twice,wanted to try for 180,but ran out of room. I pretty much raced my c5 every time i drove it. Comfort,quality,fit and finish etc,c5 wins that hands down as well. I currenty have a 89,cold air intake,true duel exhaust,fan switchs etc... lost to 2 c5s on the highway.

Jusy my experiences...

ive raced c5's and c6's in my c4. and i have gotten to drive my friends c5 and my dads c6 and i have to say the performance and handling of those cars are just on a whole nother level. however i love my c4 and its feeling of driving more of a muscle car with sports car feel and look. the c4 only has abs where as the c5 and c6 have traction control and stability management features which gets in the way of that raw power. plus they are way out of my price range... for now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom