Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 Z07 option how to tell

dnobull

Corvette
1993 ZR-1 2007 Pace Car 2014 Pace Car Retro
Just wanted to thank the member who stated that the Sway Bar in front is 30mm and the one in the rear is 24mm This appears to be the fastest way to identify the Z07 option because the Brake size and adjustable ride options can be present with out the larger stabilizers. The standard size is front 26mm and rear 20mm

:welcome

As you noted in your first post, big brakes and adjustable shocks do not make a ZO7 C4. Even the anti-roll bars can be swapped out for the bigger ZO7 bars. ZO7's came with 275 tires all around as well as 17x9.5 wheels. Those can be changed out also.

If you still have the original RPO sticker in you C4, you can check it to see if it originally was equipped as a ZO7. The RPO sticker could be in a couple of places: Under the console lid or under the right rear cargo compartment lid.

If you're missing the RPO sticker, get a copy of the car's window sticker from the NCM. Then you'll know for sure.

Btw, there is a suspension chart in the C4 Knowledge base here that you might want to look at.

Welcome to CAC. :w Not sure who you are referring to, but, we have a lot of knowledgeable members here who can help. As Tuna said, the real way to know for sure is through the RPO codes for the car. On my 94 Z07 the RPO codes were on the console lid. There was no doubt about it, the Z07 code was there, along with all the equipment that was supposed to be there. Enjoy the forum. :thumb

Welcome aboard, glad you've joined us :happyanim:

Welcome to CAC!!!!!
enjoy!!!

275 tires on all 4 corners means Z07 on 93. What about 92, Were 275s on all 4 corners were standard?

17 x 9.5 wheels and 275s were standard on Z07 cars.

Been a while since I had looked at the year by year specs, and you, superc63, are correct, the staggered wheel/tire size first showed in 93. All the other features should be there for the Z07.

How I loved my 93 Z07. What a great autocross car it was. So sorry now that it left me years ago for a 98 C5. Someone somewhere has a unique Corvette and I just hope they appreciate it for what it is. Torch red on black coupe with six speed. Sob.

Get the car up in the air and inspect the front lower control arms. They should be imbossed "Z51".

Also, read the spring codes off the leaf springs. In front it should be either FHB or FSK. In the rear it should be NYU

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom