Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5/C6 bash? Anyone going?

I'd love to Charlie,But unfortunately I have a Vehicle here that has been finished since Dec that the owner says there going to pick up Saturday!!:eyerole:eyerole:eyeroleI hope they do,I need the $$$$!! But if not,I'll be rattling the State Inspectors Cage Monday to get a Mechanics Lean Title to sell it!!:thumb

Over 3 months is long enough!! :D
Good luck with that.It would be good to see you again,maybe at Charlies Dragon Run/??? tour,when would be good for you ;shrug

So who for sure would like to get together saturday afternoon around 1 or 2, check out whats new at the museum and then go grab something to eat at Mariah's (or where ever)?

Shan?
Jay?
Dale?
Zippy?
Tim?
Phantom?
Jim?

I'm probably going to get there around 1pm or so, I know Shan and Jay have my phone number, if anyone else wants it just give a shout.
:thumb1pm on May 1st at the museum

Rhonda and I will be on the General Jackson Cruise for lunch on Saturday so you all enjoy yourselves!!!! I hope to meet you face to face sometime during the Bash. We've desided to bring the vert again just in case the sun comes out...

We are out,I am working Saturday and Donna is not feeling well.

Wish I could attend but I'm a little far away! Say, I hear there's a horse race that weekend, somewhere in Kentucky. T'storms 70%...:ugh

Wish I could attend but I'm a little far away! Say, I hear there's a horse race that weekend, somewhere in Kentucky. T'storms 70%...:ugh

Weather doesn't look to be as bad as last weekend was, but I still haven't made up my mind if I'm going to stay home because of it.

"Looks like I was wrong about the weather, it turned out worse, way worse, ..."

Tennessee can expect two to three more inches of rain Sunday, a
day after a heavy downpour triggered severe flooding and killed at
least five people.

Severe flooding killed at least five people in central Tennessee on Saturday, officials said, as floodwaters inundated roads, highways and homes in and around the Nashville area.

At least 5 dead in Tennessee flooding - CNN.com

For anyone that doesnt realize what the picture is that 6Shooter posted, the building in the picture is actually being washed down along side the road and was passing the vehicles...from the looks of that shot, that's about to the point where the building either grounded or hung up on something under water and it was only a couple of minutes before the current just tore it apart and the whole thing flowed away in little pieces.

Current death count for middle tn due to the storms that I'm hearing is 8, most I think from drowning but the news is reporting one due to a tornado sometime last night.

I'm good where I am, we got a little rain but all the flooding is north of me.

Dang!!! Any reports of corvettes being caught up in that mess? I sure hope not!!!! :eek:hnoes

Dang!!! Any reports of corvettes being caught up in that mess? I sure hope not!!!! :eek:hnoes

I'm sure there are, I'm surprised Shan hasn't spoken up yet as to how he is, I'm thinking his house is on higher ground a little bit, so hopefully everything is good with him and his family and home...I don't know about any of the other members of the forum in the area. The Cumberland River I'm used to looking way way down at when I go to downtown Nashville, it's hard to imagine that right now it's just inches from taking over 1st avenue and there is a good chance that it will do that. All the buildings on riverfront are already having their basements filling up with water as it is. There is still one death from a tornado and possibly 10 due to the flooding. Maybe I'm not being optimistic enough, but I can't help but think that there will be a few more found in the next days once the water finally goes down and people can search the homes and cars better.

For anyone that doesnt realize what the picture is that 6Shooter posted, the building in the picture is actually being washed down along side the road and was passing the vehicles...from the looks of that shot, that's about to the point where the building either grounded or hung up on something under water and it was only a couple of minutes before the current just tore it apart and the whole thing flowed away in little pieces.

Link to Video!

:W:W:W

:thumb

All is well at my house. I've got some water in the storage area under the house but that's it. As of this morning the water was up to 3rd street down down. Many of the main roads are still closed.

Just to put the picture and video in perspective. It's my understanding that someone drown in their car when that video was taken.

On the bright side the weather today is fantastic! Wish I would have driven the Vett to work.

Dad and I did make it up to the bash. We made a last minute decision to go up on Friday. We did get to see Zippy's ZR1 :drool: and many other beautiful corvette's. I've got some pictures at home I'll get posted of the Z06 Carbon.

All is well at my house. I've got some water in the storage area under the house but that's it. As of this morning the water was up to 3rd street down down. Many of the main roads are still closed.

Glad to see you made it safely so far .I guess water is drifting into the Opera land hotel ,one of my favorites.

14+" of rain in 2 days? We don't get 14" of rain in 2 years. DAYUM! I think there will be A LOT of "flood" cars on the market very soon.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom