Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5/C6 bash? Anyone going?

All is well at my house. I've got some water in the storage area under the house but that's it. As of this morning the water was up to 3rd street down down. Many of the main roads are still closed.

Just to put the picture and video in perspective. It's my understanding that someone drown in their car when that video was taken.

On the bright side the weather today is fantastic! Wish I would have driven the Vett to work.

Dad and I did make it up to the bash. We made a last minute decision to go up on Friday. We did get to see Zippy's ZR1 :drool: and many other beautiful corvette's. I've got some pictures at home I'll get posted of the Z06 Carbon.

Right now I'm not sure if the city officials reporting to the media were trying to blow smoke up everyones butts about how much they were in control of the Cumberland River through Nashville and how high it was going to get, or if they were honestly the clueless idiots that they're looking like right now over it. They spent probably 36 hours assuring people that the river was about to crest and during that time I think it rose about 12 feet, about the last 3 of those overflowing the banks and the streets and businesses. I know I'd be pissed if I was a business owner on river front, not because of the flooding and that the river got that high, but because what we/they were being told was along the lines of "stay away, we've got this under control, it's not going to get any higher"...and by the time that was obviously not the truth, there wasn't enough time to try to do anything.

Shan, glad you and your dad got to enjoy the bash, I was ready to head up there that morning and could have made it...I'd have probably been sleeping on your couch saturday night because there's now way I could have gotten back home though!

As promised.

DSC_0683.jpg

DSC_0681.jpg

DSC_0680.jpg

ZR1 cut away
DSC_0677.jpg

What I didnt get a picture of was the all suede leather interior in the Carbon. The steering wheel, arm rests, shifter, door handles, seats, etc...

All is well at my house. I've got some water in the storage area under the house but that's it. As of this morning the water was up to 3rd street down down. Many of the main roads are still closed.

Just to put the picture and video in perspective. It's my understanding that someone drown in their car when that video was taken.

On the bright side the weather today is fantastic! Wish I would have driven the Vett to work.

Dad and I did make it up to the bash. We made a last minute decision to go up on Friday. We did get to see Zippy's ZR1 :drool: and many other beautiful corvette's. I've got some pictures at home I'll get posted of the Z06 Carbon.

Glad everything is OK at your end. I talked to the big Spiccone from Campione's - said another car show is coming up. You in? You must be tired of winning "people's choice" by now. :rotfl

Glad everything is OK at your end. I talked to the big Spiccone from Campione's - said another car show is coming up. You in? You must be tired of winning "people's choice" by now. :rotfl

Heck Ya! It's this Saturday. The wife and kids enjoy going the food is great and I like to look at all the cars. Ya know there is a funny story about the last people's choice. There was a guy parked right next to me with an old and in not such good shape beetle. When my kids came running back to the car telling my wife that it was a tie between me and the viper but Scott (my son) hadn't voted yet so he voted for me to break the tie. Well the guy next to us gets up and votes for the viper to make it a tie again. As luck would have it you have to be present to win and the viper left about 30 minutes prior. I still haven't figured out what I did to rub the guy the wrong way. Ah well I'll still enjoy my hot Italian roast beef this Saturday.

Heck Ya! It's this Saturday. The wife and kids enjoy going the food is great and I like to look at all the cars. Ya know there is a funny story about the last people's choice. There was a guy parked right next to me with an old and in not such good shape beetle. When my kids came running back to the car telling my wife that it was a tie between me and the viper but Scott (my son) hadn't voted yet so he voted for me to break the tie. Well the guy next to us gets up and votes for the viper to make it a tie again. As luck would have it you have to be present to win and the viper left about 30 minutes prior. I still haven't figured out what I did to rub the guy the wrong way. Ah well I'll still enjoy my hot Italian roast beef this Saturday.

He drives a Beetle, and feels inadequate - if you get my drift.;LOLHave a big piece of cheesecake for me.:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom