Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5/C6 Birthday Bash 2013

BigJimZ16

Corvette
2010 Grand Sport Vert JS Blue
Well, the Birthday Bash is just a month away!!! Who all is going this year?? We need to get together so I can put some faces on some names!! And maybe put away a little Maker's Mark...:chuckle Wife and I will be there on Wednesday afternoon, we plan on doing our own MM cruise on Friday afternoon. Anyone else interested?? :beer

Oh yah, we'll be staying at the Holiday Inn at University Plaza, probably headed to the Brickyard in BG for dinner on Thursday evening!!

Last edited:
Jim, this is one of those things I'd like to attend, but it's right at the wrong time for a school teacher. Maybe once I "really" retire it is something that I can do. Have fun.:w

Well seein' how it's my birthday and the museum putts out the red carpet just for me each year ,I'll try. I've taken 12 weeks of my 2 week vacation time in the past year so I'm not sure how another week will go with my superiors .;)

yea, boy, the boss will probably want to fire your arse. :boogie

Jim,
My wife and I will be there Thursday afternoon. We are also staying at the University Plaza. :upthumbs

Jim,
My wife and I will be there Thursday afternoon. We are also staying at the University Plaza. :upthumbs

Great!! Hopefully we can hook up! :beer

I'll be there...I think Wed. PM.

Almost time for a new corvette???

NOT........my GS won't be a year old until Memorial Day. I don't think there is a C7 in my future.:ugh

Ha, thanks Dwayne. Yeah, still dont really know why my big mouth keeps getting invited back, but hey,,,, why not??

Just look for the black Certified Service uniform and the bald head!!!!!:hb

I will be there with 2 students, Alex Sutherland and Brittany George, to immerse in C7 and assist all Corvette owners!

Yeah, I cant WAIT!

Paul

No Tuna this year.

The Bash always falls on or close to the Big Bend Open Road Race which my wife and I try to do most years. So, in a couple of weeks, we'll be driving the 427 Vert to Ft Stockton and doing a little triple digit driving on a twisty Texas highway.

Y'all have fun.

We plan to be at the '14 Bash though.

We'll be there thurs. afternoon.:happyanim:

We would probably do the MM tour.

Last edited:
Driving Wed. Staying at the new Sync.

Bash Info

Arrived yesterday afternoon after driving through rain and snow... Made great time! Had an excellent dinner at Verdi, Maker's Mark on ice is nice... Woke up this morning to bright sunshine!! Washed and detailed the Grand Sport behind the Sloan Convension Center in 47 degree "warmth" this morning at 8 AM. Looking at the C7s by 11 AM... they definately look better in person! A blue coupe and a Laguna Blue Vert! Can't wait till tomorrow to see them in the light of day. Indoor lighting kind of sucks... Dinner at Montanas tonight, volunteer work in the morning... Saw Hib, exchanged a few greetings!
I'll post up some pictures of the C7 tomorrow, todays just don't do the cars justice.

Oh yah... Maker's Mark cruise will be Saturday morning, leaving from the Museum front lot at 9:15!

Last edited:
Saw this on the road today headed back to the plant. View attachment 13727
Cool to see one out. Saw several sitting outside the plant yesterday. Hung out with BigJim today and did tour to Makers Mark. Nice to put a face with a name. Thanks Jim for being tour guide. Bought a lift yesterday from a vendor at museum. That should make life easier. Great time in general and seemed like a good turnout. Said 1400 app. preregistered. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom