Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Car Cover Recommendations?

timfitz63

Corvette
'98 Aztec Gold Coupe; '04 Millennium Yellow 'Vert'
Executed a search on the forum, but didn't find much in the way of recommendations; and what I did find was several years old, so I figure it might be just best to put the question to the masses again in real-time:

Any recommendations for a quality car cover for the C5? I would primarily be seeking one for indoor storage protection (i.e., garage-only use), but if the best overall recommendation is for a dual-purpose (indoor/outdoor) cover, that's fine. Conversely, what covers have folks found to be just plain bad (poorly-fitting, abrasive, etc.)?

My search of the forum did seem to produce a few ringing endorsements for Coverking; any experiences with that cover here with the C5? Also saw a very old thread recommending California Car Covers; how about experience with those?

Also found this curiosity in an old thread asking about it. The thread digressed away from this thing and onto more conventional storage options, but I was curious if anyone had ever seen or used one of these? Looks like a good idea, but good ideas don't always pan out in practice...

Thanks!

Thanks, "6 Shooter!" The article was helpful in narrowing down the choices, presuming that the article (although it was never specifically stated) is implicitly recommending covers from the manufacturers that they have listed (Coverking, California Car Cover Co., Global Access, and Auto Chic)? Unfortunately, the article doesn't offer relative comparisons or one-on-one evaluations of the fifteen covers they list; and the descriptions appear to be taken directly from the relative manufacturers' descriptions of their products.

So, I'd still appreciate folks sharing their first-hand knowledge with any of these car covers!

I use a quality Cotton/Flannel cover on all my gararged cars. Indoor use only. These covers will not scratch the finish, are breathable and afford a good degree of protection if you have something fall on or lightly hit the Vette. If your walking by the Vette with a weed wacker etc. and bump the car you should have no damage. Avoid the more expensive flashy covers. Hey, as long as the car is protected I don't care if the cover is grey or tan etc. I would also avoid anything with polyester. You wouldn't wipe your car with a poly cloth. Good old Cotton/Flannel will treat you right. Good luck. Mike

I find no cover scratches less than any other kind. When the car gets dusty, I hose it off before I drive it.

I use a Wolf brand cover, came with my car, works great, the car is stored indoors. The cover lets in no dust and does not scratch, far as I can tell.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom