Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 CD Changer Problem

N

nosolos

I have a Disc Changer and the skipping is driving me crazy.
Does anybody know what the Pinouts are on the Pioneer 12 disk changer. What I am wanting to do is, put a satelite receiver in so that I can connect directly into the headunit via the CD/AUX input and not use any RF modulator. I can hide the Satelite receiver in the trunk and control it using a IR repeater.

I have a Disc Changer and the skipping is driving me crazy.
Does anybody know what the Pinouts are on the Pioneer 12 disk changer. What I am wanting to do is, put a satelite receiver in so that I can connect directly into the headunit via the CD/AUX input and not use any RF modulator. I can hide the Satelite receiver in the trunk and control it using a IR repeater.

The factory CD changer has ZERO read-ahead buffering; so it will skip rather easliy.

One of the electrical lines going between the CD changer and headunit is a serial data line. It's over this wire that the operational commands are sent (skip track, next song), and the CD changer also sends data back to the head unit (disk & track number).

If you break this communications link between the changer and headunit, the AUX input on the factory head unit will become disabled... it will not pass audio. It has to see valid data from the changer... or the headunit won't activate the L/R AUX audio inputs.

PIE makes an interface that connects to the end of the CD changer harness (the end located in the rear storage compartment) and has L/R RCA type input connector; where you'd plug your external devices L/R audio into these connectors. This interface sends false serial data to the headunit... so that the HU is fooled into believing there's a changer still attached.

the model number for the C5 is a GM10-AUX

neo2.jpg

Thanks for the info, I checked around about that adapter some people have had problems with the headunit recognizing it. Any problems with yours? How do you think this would work, leave the 12 disk changer in only to satisfiy the serial data and out of those ten wires there must be the L/R audio out. use those to connect what ever.

Thanks for the info, I checked around about that adapter some people have had problems with the headunit recognizing it. Any problems with yours?

no.

How do you think this would work, leave the 12 disk changer in only to satisfiy the serial data and out of those ten wires there must be the L/R audio out. use those to connect what ever.

that's been done by many; I've read that this works well. Some even went the route of installing a relay so that both the CD changer and the "other" device could be used (one at a time... obviously). They mounted a toggle switch somewhere up-front.

I thought that was a good way to do it. do you or anybody out there know the pin out on the 10 pin connector?

I don't have pinouts, but colors:

dark green/white = right channel audio

brown/white = left

black/white = common

bare wires are grounds as well.

Does anyone know how many pins the aux/in plug has on a stock Bose head unit with shuttle controls on an 01 coupe?;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom