Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Cigarette Lighter

Donpat

Corvette
02 convertible & 06 convertible
Does anyone know if the cigarette lighter has a seperate fuse and the location of the fuse? I need the socket to plug in the GPS. All other electronics are working.

Usually, the lighter is wired into (and fuse-protected with) another secondary system. For example, in my 1989 Firebird, when something I had plugged into the lighter blew the fuse, the power door locks stopped working too. So the answer to your first question is: the lighter almost certainly does not have a separate fuse.

But in the C5, I regret that I don't know into which secondary power circuit the lighter is wired...

Donpat, I bought my 01 about a year ago, and my lighter didn't work either....it didn't really bother me as I used the one in the console for my GPS. I also couldn't find anything use that did not work (electrically). I figured that there must be a wire broke near the plug.

This spring I bought a radar dectector and really needed the second plug, so I started to investigate....I found that there is a separate fuse for the lighter and it was blown, replaced it and guess what? It works.

The fuse is located in the passenger footwell behind the liftout door, similar to the ones for the storage area in the hatch/trunk area.

Here is the page from my 2001 owners manual showing the fuse location. Cigarette Lighter is fuse #7

Attachments

• Document1.pdf
    35.5 KB · Views: 117

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom