Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: C5 Corvette Crashes on I-15 in New Harmony, Utah

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
1 sent to hospital after Corvette crashes on I-15

Written by Carin Miller on September 24, 2015
St. George News

NEW HARMONY – An Idaho couple traveling through Southern Utah on an interstate joyride with a group of sports car drivers wrecked their Chevrolet Corvette near New Harmony Thursday afternoon. The driver lost control of the car at a high rate of speed, and the Corvette spun out and smashed into the median guardrail.

The driver of the Corvette was just re-entering southbound Interstate 15 at the on-ramp for Exit 40 when the crash occurred, Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Jake Hicks said.

The car’s back tires bore no tread, Hicks said, and the man driving entered the on-ramp at such a high rate of speed that he lost control and couldn’t regain it.

“So, he comes up and loses it this way,” Hicks said, turning his body in a counterclockwise circle to demonstrate how the driver lost control when he hit the gravel on the median. “And then his passenger side, right here, collided with the guardrail, and that took the brunt of the force.”

The crumpled guardrail was spiraled around itself beside the trooper as he re-enacted the incident; only the broken stumps of wood that once held the guardrail in place remained in their respective holes in the ground.

Full Story: 1 sent to hospital after Corvette crashes on I-15

Attachments

• MG_6200-1024x731.jpg
    MG_6200-1024x731.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 226
  • MG_6203-1024x732.jpg
    MG_6203-1024x732.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 224
The looks of those rear tires speaks volumes for how much respect he had for the power of his car. It doesn't surprise me that the car decided to take him to school.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom