Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Cruise Control quit

A friend suggested that I try a simple fix for my cruise control... after starting my car, but before I engaged it and drove off, I placed my foot underneath (or slightly behind ) the brake pedal and pulled it up, or toward me. I then drove to the highway and after reaching cruising speed, I tried the CC again.

Voila! It worked!

Seems there is a switch that if slightly out of place, makes the computer think the brake is being applied - thus the cruise control won't activate.

That's my kind of fix... one that doesn't cost me dollars. :D

:wJane Ann

I am glad that it worked for you, Jane Ann. :thumb

Peterson/Carefree! If I made a "splash" the waves would reach your house! hahah

I wonder how many times we've passed each other on Powers!

Bill

Plenty probably. I alway try to do the "vette wave", so if you've seen that magnetic red 2004 with someone waving at you, it was probably me. :w

A friend suggested that I try a simple fix for my cruise control... after starting my car, but before I engaged it and drove off, I placed my foot underneath (or slightly behind ) the brake pedal and pulled it up, or toward me. I then drove to the highway and after reaching cruising speed, I tried the CC again.

Voila! It worked!

Seems there is a switch that if slightly out of place, makes the computer think the brake is being applied - thus the cruise control won't activate.

That's my kind of fix... one that doesn't cost me dollars. :D

:wJane Ann

I signed up for this forum just to thank you for this tip - the CC in my '00 cut out and the 'yank on the brake pedal' mod worked wonders!

I signed up for this forum just to thank you for this tip - the CC in my '00 cut out and the 'yank on the brake pedal' mod worked wonders!

Well, Jjc, A welcome to CAC is in order!:w We here at CAC are tickled pink that you found a fix for your CC. :thumb Jane Ann (xlr8) would be very happy as well. Unfortunately, we lost here a few years back. It is so nice to know that her presence is still felt here at CAC. Please post up some pictures of your ride when you have time.

Well, Jjc, A welcome to CAC is in order!:w We here at CAC are tickled pink that you found a fix for your CC. :thumb Jane Ann (xlr8) would be very happy as well. Unfortunately, we lost here a few years back. It is so nice to know that her presence is still felt here at CAC. Please post up some pictures of your ride when you have time.

Props to Jane Ann - hope she found a garage with a "heavenly" lift and all the tools she'll need!

I have an '00 FRC that has been to East Coast Supercharging twice - most recently for ARH headers, plugs/wires, an Elite Engineering tunnel plate, and a dyno tune - 340 at the wheels not bad for bolt-on mods....
IMG_2826.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom