Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 driver side mirror

Don Mason

Corvette
01 Convertible & 73 Coupe
Hey guys, I have not had a post in a while but I need some advice concerning the driver side mirror on my 2001. The car has the memory package and my wife and I each have our settings. Problem is each time we unlock the car, the driver mirror repositions itself. It will move is some direction up-down, left-right. We can each reset the mirror and save the setting. It may hold a time or two but will then start wandering again. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix I can try short of a trip to the dealership? Do the sensors that detect the position of the mirror get dirty or come loose or is it going to be a computer issue? Thanks in advance for your help.

Don, haven't had this issue with the Corvette, but with my 09 Silverado, a couple months ago, it started doing this. Finally I re-programmed both memory settings. And They have been working since.

Hey guys, I have not had a post in a while but I need some advice concerning the driver side mirror on my 2001. The car has the memory package and my wife and I each have our settings. Problem is each time we unlock the car, the driver mirror repositions itself. It will move is some direction up-down, left-right. We can each reset the mirror and save the setting. It may hold a time or two but will then start wandering again. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix I can try short of a trip to the dealership? Do the sensors that detect the position of the mirror get dirty or come loose or is it going to be a computer issue? Thanks in advance for your help.

Mine is doing the same thing. It also won't hold the HUD on fuel, always going to oil level. Also displays odometer on it's own.

It sounds like you have a problem with the mirror position sensors.

When you activate your transmitter, you are telling the mirrors to go to a stored position in the memory even if they are already there. My guess is that the sensors inside the mirror are the problem.

Could be the door control module which commands the mirrors to "go" to the position it stored internally. Your choice as to which you want to try and tackle first.

Replacing a door module is easier than going into the mirror. 50/50 chance but in reality I think it is less likely to be the module.

If I wanted to try and fix the issue internal to the mirror, I would replace the mirror internal assembly. You could try swapping the guts from another mirror assembly to save a painting issue. Would need to remove the door panel and unplug the internals. Might be easier to just remove the assembly and do the swap on the kitchen table. I am not aware of anything preventing an internals swap. Have not looked at the internals for a couple of years. Never done it but have done the actual mirror replacement.

Popping off the actual mirror for access is easy. I have some hints for reassembly if you decide to do this. You can PM me with your phone number and I can discuss with you.

If you need door panel removal help let me know and I can provide a link.

Hope you dont mind be chiming in but mine is doing the said same thing on the drivers side... wont always go to the same memory position. In fact I am getting a B2262 fault code on the DIC which is left hand drivers mirror horizontal sensor fault!

What was the fix for this, did you work it out in the end????:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom