Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Exhaust Reccomendations....

Randy,

I have Borla Stingers and a Corsa X-Pipe. Nice tone and the X-Pipe smoothed the flow and eliminated the popping sound on decelaration.

Remo:cool

Corsa Touring with Pro Tips, lots of "looks great and sounds great" from people and at 75 on Parkway you can talk to each other too! Very happy with it

Sounds like lots of options. Keep the opinions coming.......

LAPD discounted the prices, paid the freight and shipped the same day on my order via Fed Ex. Thanks Shawn!

My choice was Magnaflow w/ X pipe. This was on the recommendation of the muffler shop owner who had installed all brands and versions. "high quality, fits right the first time and sounds a deep rumble tone at idle" That's what I'm talkin bout. Mario A don't make no junk!

ordered corsa touring classic tips today, from mid america, great price!. let the wife and 2 dogs listen to them all on the net and they were unanimous in favor of the touring. what a country :L

I just put B&B Bullets on mine Quality was impressive and fit even :D

nice rumble at idle, haven't driven them yet so I can't say if they improve performance.

Hot Rod did a test of LS1 Camaro headers and compared them to a stock Corvette exhaust manifold and the Corvette Manifold supprized them

bought them HERE

Guys, I have narrowed it down (exhaust-wise) & I like the sound of Borla stinger dual-tip & the Corsa Touring. I like some "throaty" sound, but not overly intrusive. I have a question though. I listened to the Corsa pace-car exhaust on MAD, but it didn't seem to have that deep resonance. Any advice on Borla vs. Corsa?

I put a Corsa touring CAT Back on mine today, Looks are great, the sound is mild until you step in it and even then not overly loud. At 60 MPH in 6th I believe they are as quiet as stock. I'm a happy camper.

bossvette said:
I just put B&B Bullets on mine Quality was impressive and fit even :D

nice rumble at idle, haven't driven them yet so I can't say if they improve performance.

Hot Rod did a test of LS1 Camaro headers and compared them to a stock Corvette exhaust manifold and the Corvette Manifold supprized them

bought them HERE

I put a set on my supercharged Z06 and they had a really annoying resonance at 1900-2200 rpm, B&B's suggestion was to fit an x-pipe. That did make them somewhat quieter, but the resonance was still there so I ended up removing them and reinstalling the Ti cat-backs.

I cannot actually notice any difference in power, but the Vortech has so much on tap it is hard to tell...

The lesson here is to find someone in a Corvette club who has a similar system exhaust system and will take you for a ride so you can hear the difference for yourself. B&B's claim of 'no resonance' is certainly not true in my car but I don't know of anyone else who has these to compare...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom