Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Exhaust

L

LouBelleraVideo

I saw a C5 Vette outfitted with a complete ROMULUS exhaust system today and it sounded great! The system comes from Germany. Has anyone ever heard of it before? Comments appreciated.:eyerole

same here. thinkng about a new exhaust and would like to see/hear all options....

Can't go wrong w/ flowmaster, imo. Lots of people have it yes, but it also doesn't break the bank, and has a good sound. Corsa's good, LPE uses that, and i've heard lots of Fbodys w/ Borla, and it doesn't appeal to me. (may sound different on a corvette) B&B and Dynomax are two other places to look into.

I have Dynomax ultra flow mufflers connected to a dynomax 3 inch Y pipe on my 1988 Callaway twin turbo and they look and sound great. The Romulus exhaust system is only available for the C5 and it looks and sounds awesome.It's Imported from Germany and the tips look great also.

I have the Corsa pace exhaust and I'm truely happy with it, and it sounds great

More info please

I love the sound of my dynomax on the '84 but am less than thrilled with the stock '99 exhaust. I've heard what there is to hear from the net and I like the Corsa the best...from what I've heard. Ziro--does it sound anything like it does online? Which other systems did you listen to before you decided on Corsa?
--Drew:w

Drewser,

Do you have the sites where you heard the C5 exhaust?

The only high performance exhaust systems I've heard up close are a TriFlo for a 94' ZR1 and Z06.

I've heard the B&B tri flo..that exhaust system is super loud...my friend has it on his 98 c5...i prefer the corsa indy..loud but not too loud.

I love my Corsa Indy's. Loud at WOT, and very quiet while cruising.
I really worried when I had the exaust installed that I would hear noise all the time, but I sometimes believe the Corsa exhaust is quieter than the stock exhaust while at cruising speed.
Have Fun...

Hey Wave,
Is there any annoying resonance around 2000 rpm ?
What about that nice 2500 rpm range in 2nd where the car is loping? Does it have some "talk" there? My LT-1 has a nice rumble around 2500 with the stock system. I'm assuming the LS1's sound different because they changed the firing order. They sound smoother....but a little less menacing.
Any opinions?

5P

yeah BWP, i've heard the same things. I've heard people say thats the reason the LS1 sounds like crap, but sound is only to make the owner happy in most instances, besides performance...

I had heard a corsa system b4 going online, and after hearing the soundbites, i wasn't all that impressed w/ their stuff. Well, @ least for the vette. Just wasn't the sound i was looking for, but i dont have a C5 (yet ;) ) so i'm not worring about it. I'm not a huge fan of Borla, i think it sounds like crap, but everyone has a preferance. Still waiting to hear Magnaflows systems in person and same w/ a few of the dynomax systems. Flows (to me) = :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom