Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C5 fog lights and upgrades for the 893 bulb?

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
Has anyone replaced their fog light 893 bulb with a better/brighter bulb ?

I bought a set of 893/37.5 watt 5900K bulbs, and since the owners manual for my 2003 doesn't list a replacement bulb for the fog lights I'm hoping these will be a slightly better/whiter light ! ;shrug

Bulbs

Killain,

I read this on another site;

"Stock is the 899 (37.5 watt) bulb. I upgraded to 885's (50 watt) with lots of improvement. A simple and safe upgrade.

BUT....most importantly, re-aim your fogs. They are set from the factory WAY too low. Do a search, I think there is an exact number of turns to get you in the ballpark."

I hope it helps.

Keep 'em rollin' :W
Bill

Killain,

I read this on another site;

"Stock is the 899 (37.5 watt) bulb. I upgraded to 885's (50 watt) with lots of improvement. A simple and safe upgrade.

BUT....most importantly, re-aim your fogs. They are set from the factory WAY too low. Do a search, I think there is an exact number of turns to get you in the ballpark."

I hope it helps.

Keep 'em rollin' :W
Bill

Thanks Bill, I'm going to remove the fogs and clean and buff the lenses and reaim them. I'm sure it's safe, but pulling 50 watts kinda scares me ! :eek:hnoes

Thanks Bill, I'm going to remove the fogs and clean and buff the lenses and reaim them. I'm sure it's safe, but pulling 50 watts kinda scares me ! :eek:hnoes

The 50w bulbs are not an issue. Ran those for a few years before I put HID fogs in.

Have used 885s for years NP reaim the lights higher as they are set way to low

The 50w bulbs are not an issue. Ran those for a few years before I put HID fogs in.

885s run fine without changing fuses. Wires are sufficiient to supply a llittle more current.
Park about 20' from your garage door or a light colored wall and turn on the low beams and the fog lights.
Use a Torx screwdriver to aim them about the same height as the low beams.
I use them with the Low beams all the time. Provide additional light without blinding other drivers.
Can almost drive without the headlights as they are almost as bright as the low beams
:)BIGHANK

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom