Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

c5 oil pressure sensor

corvjim

Corvette
2001 base convertible
hello ladies and gentleman, new here but already got question.
I have 2001 base with need of oil pressure sensor replaced.. I live DFW area can not find any one willing to just replace sensor without removing intake. any body have any good mechanics or first hand experience with DIY

I've read where guys do it. Maybe GMJunkie will chime in here and shed some insite.

It can be done,I've done several. Thake's about 45 min if you have eyeballs in the tip of your fingers and the right tools! LoL! No need to drill any holes in cowl ,I use a oil sensor socket,1 inch wobble extension and a 10 inch wobble extension with a 3/8s ratchet. You can unplug the wire with about 6 inches of coat hanger with a small hook bent in it.

Last edited:
hello ladies and gentleman, new here but already got question.
I have 2001 base with need of oil pressure sensor replaced.. I live DFW area can not find any one willing to just replace sensor without removing intake. any body have any good mechanics or first hand experience with DIY
I am the original owner of a 2000 C5. I have replaced the oil pressure sensor 4 times in the 20+ years I have owned the car. It can be replaced without removing the intake manifold but you will need the special thin wall socket and a wobble adapter or two and a very very long extension. You could also consider the sensor relocation kit which allows you to move the sensor to a better and easier location to service it. You could also then use an after market sensor since the OEM sensor is a bad design. I wanted to keep my car OEM all around so I simply replace the poorly designed Chevy sensor when it starts to leak or shows 130 psi. All of my failures were over pressures. I have heard of under pressures that cause the engine to shut off but have not encountered that (yet). The after market sensor housing is slightly larger in diameter than the OEM sensor and the thin wall socket won't fit.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom