Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Seat Rebuild - Better than new

Can not find the right ones yet . . . . . . . WTH

I can not find the right size bags, the ones I found you don't know what size the bladders are until you buy the blood pressure cuff and take the bag out, the of shit~zoo, wrong size!!! Have not found where you can just purchase the bladders by them selves!! Can someone supply me any manufacture and/or part number on what just are the right size for the back and side bolsters? I have gotten too many of them laying around now and way too small especially for the side bolsters!!! Figure when I get blood pressure cuff bladders that will work I can address padding and etc. to repair broke down seat!! I may just add some foam padding for now since I am at a loss finding the right size bags and make this a winter project, which is what it was the past winter and did nothing due to the confusion about the cuff bladders ;shrug

Thanks, ;help;help
-Bill

Last edited:
In post #51, I posted a link to a thread that shows the exact name and size of the bladders that I used on my seats. Have you read this entire thread?

C5 seats

Thank you for responding Junkman! I am not very handy and after work and school, there is not much time for fixing anything. My C% has over 272,000 miles that I put on it. I love the car but my ass needs help...

Al

Then your seat cushion foam is most likely shot. What you are going to need is all three pieces of the seat foam (provided you have the sport seats), and that piece of carpet to put on top of the seat springs in order to make sure that the springs don't eat through the new foam. Mine have been upgraded going on 8 years now and I have yet to damage my foam since the install and upgrade. Here's the thread where I upgraded mine and installed new seat leather.

What about long term durability? How many miles do you think that you have on the set up at this point?

Well, let's see.... I redid my seats in 2008.... ;)

What about long term durability? How many miles do you think that you have on the set up at this point?

Did my seats in 2007 I guess. Sold the car in 2013 and seemed the same as when they were done.

The big improvement I feel is moving the left side bolster support away from the thin seat frame to a new big foam block directly under the bolster. Thus eliminated the seat frame as the only support for the bolster. After years, the left bolster was still where it was intended to be. The factory design didn't foresee the edge of the bolster foam tearing along at the seat frame and dropping down into the void below it.

Also, adding the jute to the center part of the seat makes it a lot firmer.....like many comfortable seats of other models. The factory seat develops a hammock effect which I found to pinch my hips joints and became unbearable after 20 minutes of driving.

The seats on my new C7 Corvette have thicker foam over a steel pan thus eliminating the whole springs/wire support system. Adding the nylon/jute/foam from the seat repair kit brings the C5/C6 seats much closer to how the C7 seats feel. Of course, Junkman made his own repair from stuff he had, but the seat repair kit has it all in a box delivered to your front door with instructions. I think its a bargain.

Yes, I used my own stuff but that stuff only cost me a few dollars. Much cheaper than a kit with the Corvette tax attached. ;)

Hey Junkman. How you been?

Still making videos, still living the dream. How about yourself?

This thread would be great if I could see the pictures.

Dude, you're way too late. I shut that Photobucket account down years ago.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom