Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 seems sluggish compared to my LT4

This is a comparison that will never end. It started in 1997, and seems to be as strong and fiercely argued as is was almost 10 years ago. That, my friends, is testament to both engines, and just how wonderful they are. I mean, come on... they're both small blocks. What more needs to be said?

jas (now LS7-powered.. >:))
Jason,
Very nice write-ups by you and Dave! Welcome to the CAC from a couple hours north:w.

Jason,
Very nice write-ups by you and Dave! Welcome to the CAC from a couple hours north.

Heh, actually, Manassas is a couple minutes west-by-southwest of me. :) (I'm right near Reston)

jas

Hey guys. New best with the LT4 last weekend at Fayetteville Motorsports Park. I only got one pass in, but it was a good one. Since my last post, I've added a Meziere water pump, but no other changes, except the cool fall air. I will post the timeslip, but can't at the moment.

60foot 1.76
1/8 mile 7.85 @ 89.95
1/4 mile 12.19 @ 114.21 mph

This car still has the stock exhaust manifolds on it and it is screamin'. My goal is to get it into the 11's at a Corvette Challenge event in February without headers.

Hey, push the traction control button so the traction control is off and see what you think, but make sure there is no one next to you. Also, HOLD ON.

Atlride

I have a lt1 and did the lt4 kit it dyno at 300 rear hp with stock exhaust I did more add ons but have not went back to the dyno so I think my lt1 would hang with a C5

I have a lt1 and did the lt4 kit it dyno at 300 rear hp with stock exhaust I did more add ons but have not went back to the dyno so I think my lt1 would hang with a C5

popcorn.gif

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom