Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C6 2012 GS Manual - instant fuel economy read

dotdaveh

Corvette
2012 GS coupe
The instant fuel economy gauge reading is not calebrated correctly which in turn throws off the average fuel economy read which in turn gives an incorrect milage RANGE on a full tank of gas. Car gauges show average 18 miles per gal. with a milage range of 305 at fill-up, when in fact using old school pen/paper to calculate gas milage reality is 23 mpg with a tank range of 370 miles interstate driving 70-75 mph on a tank of gas Nashville to LR, AR.

I am not able to get through to an actual GM or Corvette tech support or action center only dealership service dept. can get accessability to this service.
Question - Can the in-dash instant fuel economy gauge even be calibrated by a Chevy service tech? Wish we still had a GM Corvette Assembly Plant Action Center like in the 90's with Gordon Killebrew.
Dave

Try this test. Fill the tanks then reset the avg. fuel econ. and trip odo. Drive until near empty, fill the tank, note the gallons used and note the mileage then figure mpg. Finally, call up the avg. fuel econ. number. By how much do they differ?

Try this test. Fill the tanks then reset the avg. fuel econ. and trip odo. Drive until near empty, fill the tank, note the gallons used and note the mileage then figure mpg. Finally, call up the avg. fuel econ. number. By how much do they differ?

HIb - Thank you for your reply. I did the old school math to figure MPG as you mentioned. At last fill-up tank range is roughly 60 milse better than the range gauges show. After fill-up range shows 297 when in fact I actually got close to 370. Milage From previous fill-up trip odo shows 369miles. Put in 15.59 gal gas div. = 23.7 mpg. Average mpg on gauge shows 17.3 mpg when if fact it is 23.7mpg. I have had some engine mods, i.e. Lingenfelter mild cam, long tube headers, and Edelbrock supercharger. I believe the computer readings are effected in some way and are throwing off the instant fuel milage, which inturn throws off the average and range guage readings.
Dave

The engine is supercharged!?

Ok. Forget what I posted earlier.

The E-Force blower adds larger injectors and likely changes fuel pressure. As a result, since the trip computer assumes stock injectors and stock fuel pressure, any computations the car's OE trip computer makes will be inaccurate.

That cannot be fixed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom