Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Corvette? Where? Oh. That thing?

• Thread starter 18 with a C5. Damn.
  • Start date
The Red thing is not the next vette..

Have a good one!

JBsC5 said:
The Red thing is not the next vette..

Have a good one!

CAN there EVER be a post on this topic where someone "in the know" insists differently? I remember someone ranting about how great and different the Z06 styling would be.....end result a slightly more interesting c5 (which isnt saying much!)

I like the way people are being more critical and suggestive nowadays. Its VERY POSITIVE in its Negativity! :D
Previously, It seemed like people were willing to accept any design GM threw out. On some other boards constructive criticism getts u flamed as being "Un Corvette" by the image zealots. Refreshing to see such openness here!!

18 with a C5. Damn. said:
Yes. It certainly is stunning. That's for sure. But this isn't stunning-like you've just seen the Mona Lisa-stunning. No. This is more stunning-like you've just had a cold metal rod inserted into your rectum-stunning. I think that describes it accurately enough.

:_rock

OK, don't sugar coat it, how do you really feel?

vettepilot

Remember, GM has to sell as many of the final year C5s as possible so they need to 'float' out spy shots/rumors about how horrid this atrocity labeled as a C6 looks (remember, GM can always back up the good looks of the real C6 by stating that we have been listening to rumors). I hope that I am correct and that GM superiors are laughing at our comments about the new Nissan (shown in previous posts with a Corvette emblem slapped on it). I'm currently living in the midwest and you see ricers slapping BMW emblems on their Hondas and Fords (if I follow the logic in some of the C6 posts does this mean the above mentioned ricers are really driving prototypes of a new beamer in a Ford/Honda disquise)? I don't know about the rest of you, but this type of thinking is the only thing keeping me from abandoning my plan of waiting for a C6 and going for either a C5 or SLK32 AMG. Keep the faith, there are still a few of us that are naive enough to think that GM will see the light.

The new C6 will outperform the present level Z06 and the high performance version will be even more outstanding.

As far as this drawing being accurate..

Thats a good laugh..

Enjoy your hatred of it guys because its not what the car will be..

:lol:

JBsC5,

Let's pretend I'm from Missouri. Why? Because it's the "Show Me" state... :)

Looks like a mustang on Steroids!!!!!!!!!!!:cry

First off For all you who don't like the C5 i recomend you read all corvettes are red!! Then after that come back here and say you don't like it. I didn't like it but it sure grew on me. second after you read that book take a look at the pic of what the C6 is suppose to be then open All corvettes are red book and look at all the clown suits now then either GM wanted to get some people out of their hair, or car and driver dug through some trash, or car and driver has some stunning spies now which do you think it is?

i have no idea what that last reply was supposed to mean. i can guess, but i'd probably be way off.

Did you read the book 'All Corvettes Are Red'? Once you read this book you will have a greater appreciation of what went into that C5 you're driving (along with the knowledge of what a clown-suit is). Happy reading!

I'm sure it's an excellent book, but for me, there's no greater way to appreciate a good car than by sitting behind the wheel.

SNTFCE,
Just take a look at his name, Shrug sholders, and Walk away. His Daddy and mommy bought his car and more than likely pay his insurance bills so i wouldn't really worry about him. I am Sure he like the car ONLY because it is a corvette. And he probably doesn't know the History Behind it. All that just coming from his last post.

actually, if you wanna be a smartass about it, i pay my own insurance, and i put the downpayment down. i started working at 12, getting paid 'under the counter'. i am still working, and every one of my paychecks has either gone into a savings account or into stocks and bonds. i have payment plans to my parents for the rest of the car, and the instant i don't make payments, the car will be sold. and another thing, i have had a desire and an appreciation for the corvette since i was old enough to know what a car was. i grew up around my dad's 427 stingray. i've read everything i can get my hands on (except all corvettes are red). i've been to the corvette museum numerous times, and i attend all possible shows and drags. i'm a registered member of the texas corvette club. so don't tell me i just wanted it for the name. i wanted it because of what it represents. the c5 was the next generation in a tradition of automotive craftsmanship. so don't try hating on me or my integrity surrounding corvettes.

oh, and the quote u have at the bottom. it's from fast and the furious. rice burners and vette's don't mix. :r

84Vette said:
SNTFCE,
Just take a look at his name, Shrug sholders, and Walk away. His Daddy and mommy bought his car and more than likely pay his insurance bills so i wouldn't really worry about him. I am Sure he like the car ONLY because it is a corvette. And he probably doesn't know the History Behind it. All that just coming from his last post.

84Vette :nono Your Comment is WAY out of line here. I don't know nor do I care why you decided to take this personal shot at another member,,, but BE WARNED! Leave it outside the Corvette Action Center Community.. Your unprovoked comments are uncalled for and will not be tolerated here!

Bud Dougherty
Forum Administrator

Thanks Bud!

For one moment there I thought I was back at alt.autos.corvette!!

There is a better sketch in CorvetteForum in the C6 section. This is a real close to C6 pic. It is however close to the R&T photo pictured here. Yes indeed it looks like C6 will be an ugly car.

For one moment there I thought I was back at alt.autos.corvette!!

I agree, I surf LS1.com for info on my future car (C5 or Trans Am), and I see enough of flame wars and direct insults.

This is the one place where I don't see that crap and I don't feel like and idiot for asking a perfectly legit question, get questioned about everything I do and not embarrased to ask something I don't know about, even tho it my seem insignificant to others.

THATS WHY I LOVE IT HERE AND I KEEP COMING BACK!!

18 with a C5. Damn. it sounds like you've worked for what you got and I respect that ALOT trust me, even though I have an older shark as young as I am (23) I still get funny looks sometimes and I might be in a C5 in another year or so and I can only imagine the looks I'll get then. Props to you!

Now back to the C6

whats this about VVT and 500hp!!:eek

Imagine thousands of camshaft profiles on one car!!:eek

I mean think about it idles like a kitten but is making outrageous power on top...Move over VTEC :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom