Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 dipstick ????

peterd

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
This is probably a really stupid question butI just looked at a C6 (LS2 ). Is there a dipstick on this engine ? Owners manual showed it to be located to the left of oil fill n a LS2 but all that's there is a cutout of where it should be.

Is is there a model that measures it electronically ????

thanks

Here the engine and missing dipstick I was referring to

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 90

Thanks - that's where I figured. The hole for it must be far in - couldn't see it in the bright sunlight yesterday. Oil was changed at a dealer about 2k ago. Seems odd for it to be missing the dipstick ?????

Mystery solved

Dealer got back to me and said the dipstick is under the plastic engine cover near the oil fill. Claims it had exhaust work done and the was the reason it was modified. I'm concerned why it wasn't restored to original state and other issues like me selling it down the road in its current state. I told the dealer I wouldn't consider it unless the dipstick was corrected.

Am I over reacting or does this seem a little sketchy ??? 2007 with 16k and 2 owners. $32K

Any thoughts ?

$32K seems top dollar. What kind of exhaust work? Headers? What will you use the car for?

I probably would pass; my opinion, of course.

It's at a Porsche dealer. Sound like headers. Other than that it's very clean. It would. Just be a cruiser for me. Books out around $34k based on low miles

It may be a great Corvette, but there are hundreds out there with low miles, similar prices and have not been modified. Headers usually mean that the owner wanted more performance. For $32K and no warranty, it seems like a risk. Again, just my opinion. :)

It may be a great Corvette, but there are hundreds out there with low miles, similar prices and have not been modified. Headers usually mean that the owner wanted more performance. For $32K and no warranty, it seems like a risk. Again, just my opinion. :)

My thoughts also. They'd have to really make me a great deal and even then I'd have my mechanic check it out too. Thanks

Dealer got back to me and said the dipstick is under the plastic engine cover near the oil fill. Claims it had exhaust work done and the was the reason it was modified. I'm concerned why it wasn't restored to original state and other issues like me selling it down the road in its current state. I told the dealer I wouldn't consider it unless the dipstick was corrected.

Am I over reacting or does this seem a little sketchy ??? 2007 with 16k and 2 owners. $32K

Any thoughts ?

Sketchy for sure. Move on.

Modified vehicles that show signs of poor work are a high risk option. There are better deals out there that are OEM stock. Good luck with it. :)

In the picture you posted, it doesn't look like headers have been installed. Those look like a factory heat shield over the manifolds. Something seems FISHY. :eyerole

Not sure, can't really tell from that angle.

Agree, What's This?

Good question. Fortunately my just retired Vette mechanic lives close by and if this dealer wants to really move this before winter I'll have him look it over. They're gonna have to do a lot better than the $12k they offered me for my 2000 with far more options than this 07 and only 42k miles. If not it almost November with snow not far off and I gotta believe the market will be flooded in the Spring with C6's after trading up to C7's. A local Chevy dealer here just got thier 1st shipment of C7's yesterday.

Agree, What's This?

It's a spark plug wire just like the one to the left. The picture makes the color and size look different.

Ahhhh....you are right. :) The color change does make it look different.

Still something odd about the claim that it had manifold work. Even if it did a header would have no difference in its mounting. Easy thing to do is remove the oil cap, lift up on the front until the detent pops loose and repeat on the rear and just take a look. Did they bend, kink, flatten the tube, all talk would stop until the truth was known.:eyerole

Attachments

• ls2dip.jpg
    ls2dip.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 80

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom