Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C6 Experience over 100,000 miles

ricrx7

Corvette
1981 blue coupe
What experiences /issues are people with C6's over 100,000 miles finding? I'm considering a high mileage C6 and would like to know what to expect? Thanks.

Not a lot of C6's out there with over 100K I guess.......As to specific issues I don't know of any at this time other then the regular things you would check for on any high milage car. How was it used.....tracked, raced, city driving or just driven on the highways a lot. How many owners has it had? Does it have all the service records? What is the overall condition of the car....interior and exterior. Has it been wrecked......Is the current owner older, balding and of a gentle persuassion and not prone to beat his cars or his dogs........stuff like that. Have a trusted mechanic go over the car with a fine tooth comb to see what the brakes and suspension look like to get an idea if you are going to have to put money in all of that. Tires? Hope it works out for you and the price is right. The C6 and the C5 are good long run cars if they have been kept up and maintained.......especially the LS engines.......

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom