Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 handling issue

peterd

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
My 07 Coupe has been having handling issues where the rear end will fishtail around sharp turns and roundabouts at NOT excessive speeds. The car came with new Firestone Firehawks (not my choice) when I got it last year. I keep them inflated at 32psi. I never had this issue with my C5 (Goodyear runflats) at the same speeds.

Any ideas ????

Mine came with Firehawks too, but I've not experienced what you describe. Hopefully someone will have some type of explanation for you.

Firestone Tires

When we had our '96 LT4 I chose Firestone Wide Oval tires. They were way better than the Goodyear GSC's. Back in 2012 we went on the Tail of the Dragon--in pouring down rain-and they performed flawlessly! They were the best all-around-all weather tire I ever had on any car! If they made them in Grand Sport, Z06 sizes I would buy them for our 2013 GS!

No unexpected issues with ours. If I'm going around a tight corner and I punch it a little, I expect the rear to break loose a little. That's what makes it FUN!!!

I've got them on my '04 Z06 with NO issues... I think you'ld better look deeper than tires! Maybe a broken stabilizer link??

I've got them on my '04 Z06 with NO issues... I think you'ld better look deeper than tires! Maybe a broken stabilizer link??

Thanks its it's actually at the Dealer now to get checked out. Especially with the Z51 package I was surprised it's not tighter We'll see

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom