Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Headlight photo

I spotted that in my C&D weeks ago, but I thought it was just another rag mistake. Look at the creases in the hood next to the headlight. Looks too "busy" to me. At the time I thought it was probably the OPEL / Vauxhall middy. I checked this out yesterday and it is NOT that car. Sooooo???? Ross, we would all greatly appreciate some guidance on this. Thanks in advance.

I only see two lights within the housing, everyone is saying 3 lights will be inside... the car in the pic looks more like a 350Z to me

Vettelt193 said:
I only see two lights within the housing, everyone is saying 3 lights will be inside... the car in the pic looks more like a 350Z to me

Look closely. A the right upper edge of the lense is a light that runs along the edge of the lens. Could be a turn sig / side marker light.

Senna1994 said:
Where is Ross when we need him?

Maybe he feels he doesn't get any respect and we only want information from him. Sometimes Ross can present his opinions with an edge, but I miss his input around here.

Well sorry folks I was blocked from posting here for awhile but thats another story ..;). I am as shocked as you are when viewing this picture as the C6. What I saw at the plant had OVAL light pods looking somewhat like a 1953s lights. This does not mean that I saw the final version. As you know the C5 betas at the NCM had many styling changes before they hit the show stand. This has me a bit disturbed because I really liked the front styling of the Beta I saw. This looks totally Nissan Z and VERY un Corvette like. This may be one of the reasons I hear GM is TWITCHING at my posts in here and in other forums. I have to tell you what I saw before I liked a lot, If this is the final version im not going to be happy at all. Might as well save 15K and buy the Nissan. Well we will just have to wait and see. We will see uncoverd pics before January someone will catch one around the plant soon I would guess like last time. We don't need another Nissan Z car or retro ugly T Bird. I want a car that looks like a CORVETTE. All we can do is wait and see and not buy it if we hate it. AND maybe its not a Corvette at all and some new Pontiac or something.

Let's pray it is not a Vette!!!!!!
Actually it's not, it lacks every Corvette feature on that headlamp. So that's why I'm praying to be a Solstice or whatever. ;help

Solstice,....Thats what Im hoping it is Adonis.... Maybe even a Camaro replacement (there is one in the pipline even though GM will not officially admit to it) It may however carry a different moniker. ;)

-Ross

What I'd really like to see used in the C6 is the new NSX projector lighting (with or without the bulge)...I looked at an NSX up close yesterday in the Acura showroom, and those lights are sensational to these old eyes. What's wrong with going with a winner in looks?....why do you have to be so-called "original" and give up something great?

And...maybe using the lighting (not the shape...of the new Caddie SRX)...it's GM and cool too.

Well, whatever they use on the C6, I'll take it happily, since my Order has been in place for over 18 months...and I've never been disappointed with any Corvette look I've owned.

Because I dont want to give up something great (Traditional Corvette looks) for something new, expensive and really not necessary, (High Tech Headlamps). I would rather GM spend the money in High Tech leather that you don't wear out in a year or two or 100% leather seats instead of the 80% plastic 20% leather we now have. I have never cared for HID or projector headlamps. They do nothing in my opnion to improve what I buy a Corvette for. Just a lot of hype and Schmaltz in my opnion. In 20 years of Corvette ownership I have never crashed a Corvette at night because the headlight's did not illuminate enough.

Welcome back Ross. I greatly appriciate your feedback on the lights. You have, in my mind, confirmed that these are NOT the C6 lights. I seriously doubted them due to the folds in the hood to the upper left of the lights.

But I do fully expect to see the HID lights in the C6. How they present them who can say, but the C6 would be just about the only over $30k sports car on the market with out them. It hasn't been an issue thus far because no one notices what's under the C5 covers, but if they weren't included in the C6 bill of materials, every car rag would make a negative comment in the reviews.

Thanks Ross!
New Camaro? Wow. Hope its design has nothing to do with the SS either. Why was the SS concept brought up anyway? I mean, what did GM mean by that????? This little headlight somehow reminds me to it. I'm absolutely positive about that the Pontiac Solstice/Lotus Elise/Opel Speedster/Vauxhall VX220/Saab Sonnet will be made made. I never knew what headlight will be using though. But IF this is NOT the C6 then there ARE still hopes...

Not to hurt anyones feelings, and I apologize, but after the GTO i kinda lost faith in GM. I may only hope that Ed Wilbur the new design guru will correct it in notime, and mostly for the C6 not to let us down.
What are the chances for the euro mag C6??? Could it be the ONE? And one more Q, does the C6 use any from the Moray design clues????

Yuk!

If that's the C6's headlights, then eeeugh!!! They look absolutely horrible. WAY, WAY to rounded for my tastes. How many times do we have to say this, a Corvette is supposed to look AGGRESSIVE!!! Round light's are way to cute looking. If the C6 ends up looking like this, I will pass on this generation and wait for a hopefully better C7. I'm not happy as it is that the Corvette is losing it's pop-up lights... to make them rounded is like a smack in the face.
I'm afraid "angular" like the Murciealargo is for me.

Cheers
Dazza

:beer :BOW :CAC ;worship :v :Steer :m

DEFINATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corvettes supposed to look agressive!!!
Corvettes supposed to look edgy!!!!!
Corvettes supposed to have a sorta tour de force look, something like the C3 but as edgy and elegant as the Murcielago!!!

Corvettes supposed to be perfect!!!!!!

Easy now, I thought the same about the CTS when it first came out but after seeing a few and at night I now think it looks cool.

But the CTS was perfect from day one!!!!
Well almost, otherwise the CTS V wouldn't be born

I am SICK AND TIRED of the same design over and over again.
We live in the 21st century and the design should be LITTLE (at least) different than the others.
It's about gutts! BMW had gutts getting on flaming surfaces, even knowing that it may not be a success at all. But it HAD TO BE DONE!
Caddy was doin it when they FINALLY noticed that their old design is anachronistic, and they went on the Art and Science!
But so far ONLY two automakers did the RIGHT THING!
We need something NEW, something edgy, somethging provocative and elegant!!!! If CORVETTE claims to be the stars and stipes sporstcar, then why IS IT AFRAID???????????????
Or perhaps America wants to adopt an outwore design?????
It needs to be GENUINE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a crappy ferrari copy!!
Something stealthy....perhaps

I'm sorry didn't mean to offend anybody, I just got a little carried away
Sorry, but one way or the other this is IMHO.

:mad :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom