Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 humming noise

Tractorman_3

Corvette
2005 C6 Silver Coupe
I have seen this subject mentioned several times over the years but no one seems to have offered a real solution. Often times when I hit a small 'bump' my '05 starts to hum or even roar from the right side of the dashboard. Seems like the sound even comes through the speakers and also has a whine sound with it. The only way I have found to stop the noise is a sharp rap under glove box area of the dash. So far, all the older posts only yielded a few lame one liners. Appreciate any help! ;)

Interesting, this is a new one for me. Anxiously awaiting some suggestions.

I have seen this subject mentioned several times over the years but no one seems to have offered a real solution. Often times when I hit a small 'bump' my '05 starts to hum or even roar from the right side of the dashboard. Seems like the sound even comes through the speakers and also has a whine sound with it. The only way I have found to stop the noise is a sharp rap under glove box area of the dash. So far, all the older posts only yielded a few lame one liners. Appreciate any help! ;)

We need to see if this is the sound system or something else. When this occurs, immediately pull over and turn off the igntion swtich.

Post what happens to this thread.

Last edited:
Still have the humming noise from the dashboard!

We need to see if this is the sound system or something else. When this occurs, immediately pull over and turn off the igntion swtich.

Post what happens to this thread.

Hib, thanks for your response. I have been off line for awhile, thus the delay in answering. When I turn the switch off and open the door, the noise stops, as the power is taken away. The car was doing this a few times a week at first. Now it happens on a regular basis. (multiple times a day) I suspect a bad ground but have absolutely no idea where to try and start looking. A sharp rap to the dashboard on the R/H side will usually stop the noise. Love the car but HATE this noise! :mad

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom