Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C6 rear lights and turn signals

Dolce

Corvette
2006 Machine Metallic Silver Convertible
Has anyone converted to the LED rear lights on C6?
Also, if using the LED;s can you still use the sequential turn signals???
thanks,
MIke

I have sequential in my C6Z. I haven't gone to LED because I can buy a hell of a lot of 1157 bulbs for $600! Now, if they were $15-20 each like they are for trucks/buses, then I'd look at them again. Right now, the "Corvette" tax just isn't worth it to me. Not even close...:eyerole

I have sequential in my C6Z. I haven't gone to LED because I can buy a hell of a lot of 1157 bulbs for $600! Now, if they were $15-20 each like they are for trucks/buses, then I'd look at them again. Right now, the "Corvette" tax just isn't worth it to me. Not even close...:eyerole
How do the sequentials look?

How do the sequentials look?
Coming from a commercial vehicle background, we have to use "conspicuity" tape (by law.) I consider sequential lights as a conspicuity device. It seems to work too as they do get people's attention.
I've had them on for >30,000 miles and almost 4 years. No problems at all. Very easy to install, just plug-n-play.
The only improvement I'd like to see is if I had 6 tail lights like some C2's had. Don't think it was factory but maybe aftermarket, it sure looked good!

Coming from a commercial vehicle background, we have to use "conspicuity" tape (by law.) I consider sequential lights as a conspicuity device. It seems to work too as they do get people's attention.
I've had them on for >30,000 miles and almost 4 years. No problems at all. Very easy to install, just plug-n-play.
The only improvement I'd like to see is if I had 6 tail lights like some C2's had. Don't think it was factory but maybe aftermarket, it sure looked good!

Looking at your thread concerning tail lights on C2, no, I do not believe they were aftermarket. Looking around I found that some California cars had the six round tail lights. I think it was a saftey thing....don't really know much more than that. I do know that watching/observing auctions is where I found that info and seeing the cars. C2 guys probably know real well. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom