Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Side Exhaust Option?

Would you include side exhaust on your C6 Corvette if you could?

• Yes

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Side Exhaust Considerations

Folks,

In 1965 I bought a new Corvette convertible 396/425 HP with side exhaust. I was a lot younger and more impulsive. Had to have a big horse with loud pipes. It didn't take long to discover a few downside issue with side exhaust.

1. The noise level can be very annoying when trying to carry on a conversation inside.
2. When stuck in traffic the exhaust fumes will run up the side of the car right into the cockpit.
3. The heat from the pipes also runs right up side of the doors in slow moving or stalled traffic.

Don't get me wrong - I love the look, but be forwarned. There is a price to pay for this option. But then life is full of compromises.

Regards - Remo

Very good Points Remo. I want them for my 76 but it wont pass smog or so I am told Damn emissions but it looks great.

You bet if it's tasteful and doesn't mess with the car's drag coefficient.

78L82PaceCar

Jay,

Welcome to the CAC web site. You'll be meeting lots of 78 Pace Car folks. No side pipes on those Silver Anniversary cars - please.

Regard - Remo

i would definetly get it with side exaust, its like Remo said, you lose some, you win some

q:beer

I have a C6 on order, and doubt that there will ever be a side exhaust again, although I would be the first to applaud it.

I vote for the C5-R style snout exhaust, that plays havoc with Ron Fellows' ears.

I loved the side exhaust on my 1967 427/390HP L36 Sting Ray roadster, it was music all the way. Too bad the LS6 firing order or whatever else it is, prevents that beautiful '67 big-block exhaust note to be re-created!

Pipes are great fun until you go DEAF !! My '69 427 has pipes, you really have wear ear plugs if you're driving long distance. But for that brute force thrill, nothing beats 'em.

DunTov7 - C6?

DunTov7,

Did you say you have a C6 Covette "on order"? Is that possible? Are dealers taking orders for cars that haven't been tooled? That haven't been priced. That have no into-dealer-date. Let me know how you did this. I would love to get an order in also.

Regards - Remo

Remo....

I have had a firm "order agreement" with my dealer for a C6 for more than a year, the same as I did with my 2001 Z06. I want to buy one of the first available for shipment (as for the Z06). I had ordered the Z06 over a year before pricing was known.

The dealer asserted that if I declined, they would easily sell the Z06 to someone else. Needless to say, I bought it....one of the first to arrive here (VIN 4621) in August 2000. Super car!

They are a great Chevy dealer....honest, cooperative and customer-oriented....and, the largest Corvette Dealer in our country. Maybe somewhat 'unique' !

C6 Earlybird

Mac,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm really interested in purchasing a C6 if the actual styling is anything like the concept drawings. Of course I'll probably find myself in the same old struggle (Z06 vs convertible). I'll get together with my local Chevy dealer and see what can be done. The dealership folks a re terrific - but their customer base is geared towards pickup trucks and farm equipment.

Thanks again - Remo

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom