Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 stock wheel change to 20" 8.5 all round...what spacer size should be used for the rear wheels

REDD13

Corvette
06 C6
What size wheel spacer, to compensate for 8.5 inch rear wheel

I guess my question would be.... WHY???

Why, change to 8.5" wide rear wheels? Are you planning same size tires on all four corners? If so, you asre going to run into issues with the traction control system as the computers will be expecting different diameter tires in the front and rear and not finding that the computers will go crazy and your dash will light up...and maybe kick you down to reduced power or "limp mode". If you are still planning on stock offset sized tires, they aren't going to work with the 8.5 " wheels. Personally I think you are making a big mistake doing all 8.5" wheels in the rear........ just saying.

Oh, I'm deleting the other thread by the same name.

Rear wheels are the wrong size....trying to keep from buying to additional rear wheels

Good luck with your endeavor, but, I believe you will run into problems. My suggestion is save your money and get the right sized wheels/tires. The rear wheels should have a +79 offset fronts are +56 so that is +23 or roughly 1"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom