Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C6 wheels on C4

corvette96

Corvette
gray 96 coupe
I have 96 coupe with stock wheels. I want to upgrade to some c6 wheels that are 18x8.5 +56 front/tires P245/40zr18 and rears are 19x10 +79 tires P285/35zg. Question will they fit or will I need spacers. Thanks

Moving out of the Site Help and Feedback forum and into the C4 Tech forum...

The fronts will bolt on just fine. The rears have too much + offset. They will be tucked into the fenders too much. Could rub but IDK. 79-56=23mm, that is a LOT of spacer. Good spacers cost 250+. I would just get a proper wheel sized with the proper +56mm backspacing.
Bolt pattern is the same.

I have 96 coupe with stock wheels. I want to upgrade to some c6 wheels that are 18x8.5 +56 front/tires P245/40zr18 and rears are 19x10 +79 tires P285/35zg. Question will they fit or will I need spacers. Thanks

I am using Z06 wheels on my 92 ZR-1. Fronts are fine as is. Rears are stock w 57mm offset while the ZR uses a 36mm. I have 18mm spacers BUT also using GM racing studs. They are longer and stronger. Make sure the spacer is BOTH hub and wheel centric. A good source for spacer/adapters is WheelAdapter.com is your number one source for wheel adapters, wheel spacers, used wheels, and wheel studs.. Very good quality and reasonable pricing.

I am using Z06 wheels on my 92 ZR-1. Fronts are fine as is. Rears are stock w 57mm offset while the ZR uses a 36mm. I have 18mm spacers BUT also using GM racing studs. They are longer and stronger. Make sure the spacer is BOTH hub and wheel centric. A good source for spacer/adapters is WheelAdapter.com is your number one source for wheel adapters, wheel spacers, used wheels, and wheel studs.. Very good quality and reasonable pricing.

I am using 56 mm offsets on 17s all the way around, .and have had no issues..with rubbing..car could probably be lowered..
I had A-mold stagger w 11 in rears prior and they would just hit the interior liner, on very hard road surfaces if I caught an expansion strip just right..minimal rubbing but I changed them out to 17s all around..

croppedlilrede_zps81fd0080.jpg

Last edited:

If you're willing to use 17's, you can go with C6 ZO6 wheels like these (offset is 54mm) ...

Corvette C6 Z06 Style Chrome Wheel 17x9.5 54mm Offset: 1988-2004

Or, if you want to stick with 18's and like C6 ZR1 wheels you might consider these (offset is 57mm) ...

Corvette Wheel-ZR1 2009 Style Chrome 18X9.5 57MM Offset: 1988-2004

Also, you might this chart to be helpful when trying to decide whether stock-type wheels from something other than a 1996 will fit your car ...

Corvette Wheel Offset Chart - Corvette Forum

Hope this helps ......... Wheel Stander

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom