Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 wheels on C5 height question?

keeper15

Corvette
1987 gray coupe (sold to son) 1998 pewter coupe
I am thinking of changing my stock C5 wagon wheels, and if i change to C6 stock wheels will the car height change? Iscrape as it is now on my driveway.:ugh

Also any consideration to the positive and the negative of such a change?:wThanks to all.

I am thinking of changing my stock C5 wagon wheels, and if i change to C6 stock wheels will the car height change? Iscrape as it is now on my driveway.:ugh

Also any consideration to the positive and the negative of such a change?:wThanks to all.

I wouldn't think the ride height would change since you'll be adjusting to tire sizes for 18" and 19" wheels. I just replaced my OEM Z06 wheels for aftermarkets, 18x10 front and 19x11.5 rear. The tire sizes changed but are almost the same diameter as the OEM sizes. 275/35x18 front and 305/30x19 rear. I also lowered mine using the stock bolts. I still scrape on drives ways even with the change. Hope this helps.

Stock to stock, C5 and C6 wheel ODs are very similar. I don't think your scraping issue will get any worse.

However, you will need some small hubcentric spacers on the rear, since the C6 has a narrower track and the facory wheel has less offset as a result.

I am thinking of changing my stock C5 wagon wheels, and if i change to C6 stock wheels will the car height change? I scrape as it is now on my driveway.:ugh

Try this web site- it has a web tool that lets you compare different size wheel and tire combos so that you can see how they match up...

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Miata.net Tire Size Calculator

Use the calculator to see what happens to your speedometer reading when you change the size of your tires and wheels. The graphic shows your stock tire selection in an outline overlaid on your new tire selection.

Thanks for all the good info, I still am undecided...I like the C5 Z06 wheels too! The C6 wheels are nice....damn so many choices!

Thanks for all the good info, I still am undecided...I like the C5 Z06 wheels too! The C6 wheels are nice....damn so many choices!

What did you decide for wheels? Post a pic when you get a chance.

What did you decide for wheels? Post a pic when you get a chance.
Still searching for the right setup, Im leaning towards the C5 Z06 painted gray rims for my Pewter Coupe. Any thoughts, the magnesium look nice but wonder if they will not show well with the pewter :confused.

Still searching for the right setup, Im leaning towards the C5 Z06 painted gray rims for my Pewter Coupe. Any thoughts, the magnesium look nice but wonder if they will not show well with the pewter :confused.

I think the C5 Z06 wheels will look good on a Pewter colored Vette. I purchased CCW's and Michelin tires but kept the OEM Z06 wheels. Mounted on them are Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's with about 700 miles. If you're interested I'm located in San Joaquin County, about 60 miles from SF. Wheels and tires are in excellent condition.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom