Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C7 Corvette Production to Move to Saturn Plant

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Not sure how accurate it is, but I've been hearing that Corvette Assembly could move to the Saturn plant in Tennessee where the 2011 C7 Corvette would be built.

Rob its not April 1'st anymore ;LOL

• Admin
OK I'll bite.
I heard that rumour back in 94 when I was looking to transfer from the dying Trenton plant. A buddy who had transfered to Saturn told me they were going to start building Corvettes in Spring Hill the next year.
Now in that vein (Moving production from BG to Spring Hill) I could see them moving the Caddy to free up space for the Blue Devil production. I can't see Gm moving from the BG location to Spring Hill its not that much newer facility.

"its not that much newer facility"
But it's much larger and it is curently being completly gutted of all tooling for the new product to be built in Spring Hill. I've been told that there will be an additional "future" product to be produced in Spring Hill also.

BTW: it's not Saturn. It hasn't been a Saturn plant for about 2 years now. It's Spring Hill Assembly.

Hecox

If that happens the NCM wont be that attractive to go to anymore. Part of the experence of going to the NCM is going to the Assembly plant

The BG plant was a Chrysler air conditioning plant built in the 60's and Saturn plant was built in the 80"s.

There is a certain member of the CAC that drives a yellow C5 that is transfering to the Tennessee plant.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

I saw somewhere that when the UAW vote did not go his way on a 4 10 hour day work week a PO'ed Will Cokesely told the employees that the C7 will be built in Spring Hill. The sticking point was that a 5th day could be mandatory instead of voluntary like it is now.

There is also a member that is already in Tennessee, and "His" vette is Silver. LOL

Hecox

I can remember back in the 90's when GM pushed the UAW & workers to work 4-10's so i guess GM brought it on them selfs. As for the move to Spring hill they all have the right to work where the product is built just like when everyone moved from St Louis to BG.

Spring Hill Assembly > 350 Corvette Drive

Heck a 100 mile trip is just getting a Corvette warmed up! :upthumbs

:lou

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Heck a 100 mile trip is just getting a Corvette warmed up!

I hear ya D. I used to have a 57 to 63 mile one way, depending on the route. That old '90 always ran better either when I got to work, or got home. WooHoo time for crusin' the beach. :cool:lou:cool

:w
G
:pat

Could also be a negotiating ploy to get concessions from the BG government.

We'll never know until it's announced.

If Corvette production is to be moved, why not move it to Oshawa and build it along side the new Camaro?
I haven't really looked into the new Camaro but I expect that the new Z28 will share Corvette engines as in the past. Is there more shared Corvette technology in the new Camaro?

Admittedly, it would be a bit odd to build America's sports car in Canada.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom