Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C7 Corvette Will Have a Split Window

My daughters Pontiac G6 aslo has the same steering wheel as mine. That is why I prefere to drive hers over my other daughters car (Saturn Ion)! :L

If ya don't like C6's steering wheels, keep driving your ratty old Vette's!

x10ch_cr004.jpg

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

I Will Drive my Old Corvette!!!

But its sure not ratty!!!!!!

One of the best interiors EVER!!!;)
32073550091_large.jpg

32073550042_large.jpg

That's YOUR opinion.

There's alot of work in that car. I appreciate the effort with the 63 retro look. I would have liked to see the front and sides. Do you have more pics?

Chuck

Let them design a Corvette that is Corvette, not a rehash like they did when they re-skinned the C5 to make a C6. :confused

Obviously you haven't driven a C6 for a few miles or read up on what GM actually did with the C6. After buying my new 07, I noticed that some things were a bit better, then other things were a bit better, then more things were a bit better.

Within a few weeks, it dawned on me that everything was a bit better making the C6 much better than the C5. You have to drive the car for a few weeks for it to really show up. The C6 is not a re-skinned C5.

Chuck

:werd: Tell a Corvette engineer that a C6 is a slighly modified C5, and he'll go all medieval on you.

Let them design a Corvette that is Corvette, not a rehash like they did when they re-skinned the C5 to make a C6. :confused

Obviously you haven't driven a C6 for a few miles or read up on what GM actually did with the C6. After buying my new 07, I noticed that some things were a bit better, then other things were a bit better, then more things were a bit better.

Within a few weeks, it dawned on me that everything was a bit better making the C6 much better than the C5. You have to drive the car for a few weeks for it to really show up. The C6 is not a re-skinned C5.

Chuck

I started to drive Corvettes in the fall of 1956 and have owned and driven all six generation as they are called today. Before I got my C6 I was driving a 2004 and there is so little difference in them that even my manual has the same part numbers and pictures of the C5. New skin, wheel base change, HP boost, and some electric buttons is all you got in the C6, No where near the changes and refinements that I saw and drove in my 1998 and the 2004 that was driven somewhere near 50,000 miles, my C6 now has 37,000 miles purchased 9/10/04 and it is just a reskin with the small changes mentioned. Nothing like the changes I mentioned in the other generations. You must be new to the Corvette and tend to believe what you read in car magazines. :thumb

I've owned over 30 Corvettes. The oldest was a '63 we used on our honeymoon in '76 to Niagara Falls...rained the whole week, but that's another story.

The years I've owned: '63, '64, '65, '68, '69, '70, '75, new '77, '78, '80, '81, '86, '91, '95, '97, '98, new '00, new '01, 02, new '07. Does not include multiples. I'm not a dealer, I'm just a nut about these!

I'll stand by my comment.

I put 71K+ miles on the '02 Vert 6 speed before I got this 07 Coupe 6 spd. which I have 23K on. I just can't see how you can't tell the difference! Just mentioning shorter wheelbase in itself makes a drastic difference. ;shrug

Chuck

You missed my point, what I said was, "Nothing like the changes I mentioned in the other generations." The '63 split window was a forward thinking design and the C7 could become that also but not by using an old design.

I could use a new, advanced technology, innovative design, not another re-skin or a retro fumble.:puke

Is that a top out of a condom in between the 2 roosters? It sure looks like the are trying to have a safe clean fight.

If you're :pukeabout it, maybe you should change to a Challenger or a Mustang (just kidding)...talk about re-skinned retros huh!

One thing I am sure of is that we both have the passion for Corvette or you and I wouldn't keep buying them even with all the threats of not doing so.

Ultimate reskin for Corvette to me was 67 to 68

Within generations
72 to 73 to 74
79 to 80
I would say the entire 63 to 82 generation was a continuous reskin job.

89 to 90
even 60 to 61 (that's going to cause some grief for me :bash)
----------------
And for what it's worth, I GLAD they got rid of the hidden headlamps.
They gave all of us trouble from C2 thru C5. (oh oh) :BDH
----------------
;help

Chuck :)

Now you're catching on, the C6 should be a C18 or still a C3 depending on your point of view. Agree 100% about the head lights, makes driving at night a sight for sore eyes.

I already have my 1964 1/2 Mustang, how about you? Thought I'd get it painted this year but fell down on my rust replacement program. Owned it 21 years and runs as good today as it did the day I got it.

Never owned a Chrysler product and never will so the retro Challenger is out.

I see the retro Camaro is doing well with 3 of them sitting on the lot in a small town south of me. Retro sucks.

Ooohhh no you don't!!!

How in heck can you get that I am "now catching on" from my previous message.

I would have stated what I wrote before this conversation happened.

I am still standing firm about my statement the C6 IS NOT a re-skin, a re-hash, or whatever. How can you even come close to comparing it to a C3. Are you sure you just bought your first Corvette yesterday and pretending? Yeah, you got my goat on that one. :W
I was addressing C2's, C3's, C4's with no comparison intended on the C6.

Don't you put a spin on what I say...shame on you :eyerole

About the Mustang, I'm a GM man, I won't do Ford.

I really like the new Camaro, that's innovation with an excellent connection to earlier years. I will own one of those. I'm glad a few are at the dealers. Maybe they'll wise up and take less than MSRP++!

Chuck

OK, I have a correction here...........

I did own a Chrysler product, my first car was a 1929 Dodge and Chrysler bought them July 31 1928. Not sure I can survive that embarrassment or not.
I got to admit Chuck that maybe you aren’t catching on; if you had read the personal data you would have known that I already owned a 2005 C6. You then may not have said I should drive one before I said it was a re-skin. After all it is just my opinion for the last 5 years and it shouldn’t change your way of life. ;shrug

I've always thought the 63 SWC would be a great vette to retro style. Maybe not quite as radically as the pics posted earlier. I personally love the retro Challenger, Camaro, and Mustang.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom