Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C7 Taillight haters....rejoice.....

Sorry those round taillights look like crap ! Deal with it people, first was the headlights with the C-6 now the rear lights get the change. And it's about time ! :thumb

Last edited:
Nice drawing - except they forgot to airbrush in the backup lights. :w

C7 Corvette's new re-designed tailights...

Here you go....you knew it had to happen....... Now The Corvette Faithful Can Stop Bitching About 'Camaro Taillights' ;) Ok maybe its not a real kit yet but someday....

It just doesn't look natural with the old-style round tailights. They just don't flow or blend in well with the rest of the new, re-styled body like the new, angular, squarish tailights do. As a matter of fact, the new rear end, tailights included, are what I like the most of the new 2014 C7 Corvette!....get over it, people!!!....it's time to move forward ahead and towards the future with new, re-designed and futuristic-looking tailights and we need to leave the round lights in the past!!!

It sure would have looked better that way than what it is.

I don't think so, my friend!....if you still want to hold onto round tailights, buy a C6 and stick with it!.....the new C7 looks more futuristic the way it is!:thumb

The same way as the "split-window" coup

Here you go....you knew it had to happen....... Now The Corvette Faithful Can Stop Bitching About 'Camaro Taillights' ;) Ok maybe its not a real kit yet but someday....
Yes, we may be stuck with these Camaro-Type taillights for the C7's first model year. That distinguishable difference of the Vett's circular ones are already missed before the first one even comes off their production line. But there's hope Chevrolet Marketers will regain their senses and put things back by 2015?? After all, we must admit it would increase sales.. And what could be better.. What's a good Marketer for?

C7 Vette

I don't think so, my friend!....if you still want to hold onto round tailights, buy a C6 and stick with it!.....the new C7 looks more futuristic the way it is!:thumb

If I'm not mistaken but wasn't the C7 a concept?? car in 2009 ??????:eyerole

Sorry those round taillights look like crap ! Deal with it people, first was the headlights with the C-6 now the rear lights get the change. And it's about time ! :thumb

BRAVO!
It's utterly amazing how someone can pick 1 item that disagrees with their personal preference and then continue to go on a destructive rant! Its embarrassing reading comments about how the design team and engineers engineers blew it!

The only comment I would like to make is to say Thank You, Tadge Juechter, kirk Bennion, Ryan Vaughn, Ed Moss, and Mike Bailey, and all the GM employees, responsible for making the C7 not only possible, but an incredible and beautiful evolution in design.

BTW-has anyone noticed the attention to detail with the steering wheel looking very similar to a Stingray.
chris

The shape of the C7 tail lights is not the problem...it's the "drag queen" level of black mascara around the lights that looks so idiotic. The absence of that black trim is what makes this rendering look so much cleaner/natural than the stock setup...in spite of it having the wrong lights.

C'mon now people ...

... how many aftermarket mod kits are there for EVERY generation of Corvette? And how many are designed to put older design cues onto newer models, like the C1 retro-kit for the C5? How about the Avelate and Tigershark customs and dozens of scoop, wing, ground effect and fender flare parts. What do you say to Callaway?

Besides, the C7 is a prototype and will like likely get a little massage here and there before the line in Bowling Green fires up again.

I, for one, hope the kit people will offer a glass teardrop window hatchback kit to get rid of the obvious blind spot the C7 will have (and I think that would look better,too.)

Just watch ... it won't be long and the tuners will be swapping out the LS engines for D.I. LT1s in their ancient C5s and C6s.

Different strokes and all that.

...Just watch ... it won't be long and the tuners will be swapping out the LS engines for D.I. LT1s in their ancient C5s and C6s...

It'll probably be very long. Before that could happen, the after market will have to figure out how to retrofit a C7 ECM into the earlier cars...and that won't even occur to them until after they've cracked the new encryption. To give you an idea how long that might take, the HEMI after market has been trying to crack Chrysler's new encryption since the 2011s came out...and they're not there yet. Unless GM gives the code key to the after market, it'll be a good long while.

Point well taken, but ...

... any PROMinent ECM coder could write a new program and match it to the physical attributes of the engine. With an actual C7 on hand at their facilities, the aftermarket companies can read the electronic inputs that manage the engine operations and which ports on the computer feed those devices, then build an attachment to the factory box where all the other electronic components are linked in.

Granted, a simple chip won't do the trick and the task would be daunting, but there are some wizard data designers out the in the "Digirati," as I call them.

One thing's for sure ... you can't bypass this one with a carburetor setup!

I was talking about cracking the actual PCM code key, which will be far out on the calender. A "tacked on" box may be another matter, but such devices have, in the past, proven to be inelegant stop gap measures, at best. I know I would rather ride "stock" than mess around with one.

Last edited:
Corvette tailight changes

It just doesn't look natural with the old-style round tailights. They just don't flow or blend in well with the rest of the new, re-styled body like the new, angular, squarish tailights do. As a matter of fact, the new rear end, tailights included, are what I like the most of the new 2014 C7 Corvette!....get over it, people!!!....it's time to move forward ahead and towards the future with new, re-designed and futuristic-looking tailights and we need to leave the round lights in the past!!!
These new tailights on the 2014 is I believe the 4th change since 1953 and is a change that follows the shape of the car
which is also going through changes.

Corvmaro Tail Lights Disappoint

It is disappointing to see the tradition and the iconography of the Corvette so grossly ignored, let alone have the new car made to resemble a Camaro from the back. Corvettes have four round tail lights. It is one of the things that makes a Corvette a Corvette, and not some other car. By ignoring this, the new Corvette isn't quite a Corvette, it is a Corvmaro.

I don't like Camaros, and never did, with the exception of the 1970 - 1981 models, which like the even better looking Firebirds of that generation, had a Ferrari quality to them.

It is also disappointing to see that while the designers of the C7 are evidently very competent engineers, they are just as evidently not Corvette aficionados. No one who really knows and understands the car and it's history would ever have put the Batman rear end with Camaro tail lights on the seventh generation iteration.

It is good to see that at least one aftermarket firm may be offering a kit to correct this gross mistake. Better yet would be for Chevrolet to correct it themselves on the 2015 model, or even better yet, break in the change during 2014 production.

Another suggestion, if they insist on the C7 having a resemblance to the Camaro, would be to offer what I call RPO TR1 (Regular Production Option Traditional One) that would offer the correct four round tail lights rear, and (here's a stretch) maybe even bring back the other iconographic cue, hide away head lights.

And for the C8, how about putting some Corvette lovers in charge of the design? And showing at least some measure of respect for the Corvette tradition and history?

Early Corvette tail lights

The 1953 to 1960 Corvette's had different types of tail lights than the traditional round ones and they were single lights on each side
It is disappointing to see the tradition and the iconography of the Corvette so grossly ignored, let alone have the new car made to resemble a Camaro from the back. Corvettes have four round tail lights. It is one of the things that makes a Corvette a Corvette, and not some other car. By ignoring this, the new Corvette isn't quite a Corvette, it is a Corvmaro.

I don't like Camaros, and never did, with the exception of the 1970 - 1981 models, which like the even better looking Firebirds of that generation, had a Ferrari quality to them.

It is also disappointing to see that while the designers of the C7 are evidently very competent engineers, they are just as evidently not Corvette aficionados. No one who really knows and understands the car and it's history would ever have put the Batman rear end with Camaro tail lights on the seventh generation iteration.

It is good to see that at least one aftermarket firm may be offering a kit to correct this gross mistake. Better yet would be for Chevrolet to correct it themselves on the 2015 model, or even better yet, break in the change during 2014 production.

Another suggestion, if they insist on the C7 having a resemblance to the Camaro, would be to offer what I call RPO TR1 (Regular Production Option Traditional One) that would offer the correct four round tail lights rear, and (here's a stretch) maybe even bring back the other iconographic cue, hide away head lights.

And for the C8, how about putting some Corvette lovers in charge of the design? And showing at least some measure of respect for the Corvette tradition and history?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom