Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C8 z51 with summer tires in 29 degree weather drive.....

JBsC5

Just finished a nice early morning drive up and around in 29 degree weather and for those that might have been concerned because they are not all season I couldnt even tell the difference in any traction etc..(frost on some grass and cars etc)

I just happened to peak at the outside temperature while in the car and thought Id share my driving impressions...

not even a concern....not even a noticible difference ...

i wouldnt have even thought about it except some of the various forum discussion often concerns the weather temps dropping and people driving on michelin P4 S tires as if they were the more focused michelin cup 2 tires which were extreme high performance rubber compound and tread.

the michelin P4S is a more balanced tire ...

I had a nice very early 5 am drive and nobody was out on the road.

happy halloween

Last edited:
Just thought id post up that 5 or 6 weeks in with over 1600 miles...this c8 is a blast. Im enjoying this new sports car more than you can imagine. Its that much fun.

Anyone waiting for theirs trust me this is well worth the wait.

The handling, the braking, the acceleration, the ride all amazing. The looks and the onslaught of complements are all part of the fun.

Just when you think its over another sports car enthusiast pulls in to the gas station in his white maserati with the kids in the back to just tell you how much he loves the new corvette.

The conversation goes back and forth and i tell him his maserati with the kids in the back seat are having a great time with their dad....and that his car is awesome too...and it was...

Just tons of exchanges like this to put yet another smile on your face.

All told...that startup and drive up and around the mountains is really a pleasure to behold

Thanks for sharing your experiences

ABOUT 2100 miles and mid november and the cars driving great.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom